View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
I want DD on my Tyranitar so bad, just because it sounds so good..But that's no reason to basically waste a perfectly good Tyranitar, especially if I want to win. A bulky mixer would serve my purpose better and give me way more variety. I agree with you, before I start being "unique and special" I should gain a basic understand of, well.. the basics.
It's just that people are really overprepared for that kind of threat. Everyone's going to run one if not multiple checks to something like that - the fact of the matter is that DD Tyranitar just isn't very effective with its typing and speed issues. Plus, everyone has to be prepared for Excadrill, too - and Tyranitar's moveset doesn't step beyond Excadrill's, really. If you're looking for a Dark-type DD abuser I'd take a look at Scrafty - it's very bulky, has incredibly solid coverage, and with Moxie boosts just gets more powerful every time it KOs something. Or you could use Shed Skin and be able to set up in the face of Paralysis, Toxic, and Burn knowing that the status will fade shortly.

Scrafty @ Life Orb / Lum Berry (Moxie) / Leftovers
Ability: Moxie / Shed Skin
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) <- this lets you outspeed base 111s (Tornadus, Thundurus) at +1
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Everyone's advise is just so great (and super nice, in case you were concerned about that for any reason). My team makes a lot more sense when I read over it now with everybody's input. I think the best this I can do for myself now is alter my team to fit the strategies that everyone has recommended and go out there to get some real experience. I'm nervous, so wish me luck!

Am I allowed to post a re-vamped team as a new thread once I've made the right adjustments? Or should I just post it here again?

Thanks a whole bunch Vrai!
You can definitely just post on this thread again with your own input to our suggestions. :) If you mean just editing your team to our suggestions and not trying them out quite yet, it'd be best if you edited your first post; if you mean coming back after having played with our suggestions a little while and giving your input on it, it'd probably be good for you to just make a new post (not a new thread) on this thread. :3