View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011 (3:17 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Originally Posted by feralig8rx View Post
Wow, thanks so much! You don't even understand how much that helped haha.

I've literally spent the past 5 days researching online and there's been 0 guides that I've found that have actually explained team building to me in a way I actually understood. FINALLY I have an idea on where to go with this team!

I will definitely go make some changes with Machamp. I will definitely repost once I figure out exactly what I want to do with this team.

I REALLY REALLY appreciate your help. All the replies I got today were 2 line answers saying "lolwut are you doing. Don't do that." or like "wrong nature choose other items l2playn00b". Those aren't helpful. You actually gave me a significant push in the right direction, so thank you ^.^
No problem, haha. The only other thing I forgot to mention was about natures; generally, when you're dealing with non-mixed attackers, you'll want to have a nature that puts the negative stat in the attack stat you're not using. That was kinda long-winded so example: Machamp, like before, should use physical attacks. If you want to use a +Atk nature, you should use the +Atk, -SpA nature (Adamant) so that you can reduce a stat that you don't use at all instead of impairing his defenses and/or speed. Similarly, a fast, specially based Pokemon such as Azelf would like to use a +Spe, -Atk nature (Timid) because it won't ever use its attack stat.

A lot of learning about this comes with experience; it's really hard to get into without being guided in the right direction to start with. When you do get that set/whatever else figured out, do update! :)
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ