View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
feralig8rx
PokeFanatic

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
No problem, haha. The only other thing I forgot to mention was about natures; generally, when you're dealing with non-mixed attackers, you'll want to have a nature that puts the negative stat in the attack stat you're not using. That was kinda long-winded so example: Machamp, like before, should use physical attacks. If you want to use a +Atk nature, you should use the +Atk, -SpA nature (Adamant) so that you can reduce a stat that you don't use at all instead of impairing his defenses and/or speed. Similarly, a fast, specially based Pokemon such as Azelf would like to use a +Spe, -Atk nature (Timid) because it won't ever use its attack stat.

A lot of learning about this comes with experience; it's really hard to get into without being guided in the right direction to start with. When you do get that set/whatever else figured out, do update!
Will do. I play on playing around on Pokemon Online as well as checking forums regularly to learn as much as possible. I keep trying to learn about EVs, IVs, movesets, abilities, stats...there's just too much! The problem is that I have no where to start from, and I'm the type of person that needs to actually do something before they really understand it. Hopefully this team works out and I can start battling soon!

Pokemon Y: 4725-8441-5714 (NICOLE)

.... ............................................