View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011 (06:24 PM). Edited June 1st, 2011 by NurseBarbra.
くら くら?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote originally posted by FreakyLocz14:
Have you ever been "gay bashed" or know anybody that has? What tips would you give to others to avoid that or to defend yourself.

As much as I'd hate to interject politics into this, I firmly believe that the right to bear arms would benefit the LGBT community because of bashing.
But you can't have that, because if the LGBT community gets guns, then anyone with half a braincell could get a gun.

Quote originally posted by Hybrid Trainer:

I'm confused doesn't to bear arms mean to have weapons?

This.

Have you ever been "gay bashed" or know anybody that has? What tips would you give to others to avoid that or to defend yourself.
Yes I have been "gay bashed". When I first came out in my school during first year, everyone whispered behind me as I walked by, I got different types of milkshakes trown at me and was even beaten up once, And when I told the teachers they said they needed hard proof that the bullying was because I was gay. At the start of summer I decided to take up shotokan karate (A tradition in my family when you hit the age 14/15 mark), It boosted my confidence, and eventually when some idiot (I'm using the phrase "Idiot" lightly...) decided he'd try fight me, He wound up with a broken wrist and 2 bruised ribs (I don't encourage violence BTW). I also lost a few friends just because I was gay, and a guy in my class hates me because I am who I am, He screamed In my face that being gay was sick and wrong and that I should go die, But ever since then up to a point he said that I was the A-hole.
At the end it turned out that he was gay and that he hated me for the fact that I had enough confidence to be who I am (Surprize surprize...).

As for advice, I'd find 2 or 3 girls to just hang around with so you don't get bullied as much (Breasts work in MAGICAL ways... *InsertKatyPerryJokeHere*), And If you do get bullied remember to not give a reaction, that's all they want from you. (I'm not really good at giving advice at 3:40am)