View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011 (06:13 AM). Edited June 2nd, 2011 by Overlord Drakow.
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
You seem to have embraced the Darkness nicely. Would you like to become my minion?

Alright, here are my suggestions, some of which have already been given.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

I like maxing out his special defensive capabilities as he just laughs at most special attacks – even super effective ones. He’s just like TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU CAN’T DO JACK. Coverage is fantastic on him too. I personally use Expert Belt as it secures the OHKO on a standard Ferrothorn with Fire Blast. It sucks that without Life Orb, T-tar misses out a OHKO on Mamoswine. But that’s what the burn is for on Fire Blast anyway >__>

Cacturne (f) – Life Orb
Sand Veil
252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed
Adament
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Focus Punch / Substitute? (Debating)
-Seed Bomb

Swords Dance Cacturne is nice. I prefer a sub punching set though which would basically run Substitute over Swords Dance.

Bisharp (m) – Chople Berry
Defiant
252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Taunt / Brick Break / I’m not so sure lol

I think a Swords Dance set is good on this guy. Psycho cut was a good choice to put some pain on Conkeldurr. Send him in against something that can’t harm you so much, Swords Dance on the Conkeldurr switch in, and then you should be able to survive a Mach Punch from him with the Chople Berry and that gives you an opportunity to wreck it with Psycho Cut. Even better if he thinks you’ll switch out and tries to get a Bulk Up in.

Krookodile (m) – Choice Scarf
Moxie
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Fire Fang / Crunch

I am slightly leaning towards Moxie over Intimidate to be honest. If you play this guy right, you could perform a sweep with him. Fire Fang gives you added coverage against those bloody steel types.

Spiritomb (m) – Leftovers
Pressure
252 Sp. Attack / 4 Sp. Defense / 252 Defense
Bold
-Calm Mind / Will O wisp
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
-Pain Split / Will O Wisp

A secondary pseudo check to Conkeldurr. Psychic will do roughly 1/3 of Conkeldurr’s HP I would imagine so if the Psycho cut doesn’t finish him off, you got this guy to seal the deal. After a Calm Mind, both your defensive stats will be quite high and he will be difficult to take down. The only reason I suggest Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse is because you have so many Dark moves on your team anyway.

Drapion (m) – Leftovers
Sniper
252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
Impish
-Toxic Spikes
-Night Slash
-Whirlwind
-Taunt / Knock Off

I think keeping this guy physically defensive is fine, since you got T tar to take the special hits. This moveset is like a pseudo Skarmory moveset, which is why I opted to go with it. Set traps, and then start phasing. I like taunt as a move in general but go with Knock off if you wish.

Scrafty and Hydreigon (my two favourites) are also solid Dark type Pokemon which you could play around with. Both are very good in my opinion and extremely powerful.

Good luck on your quest for eternal Darkness, young one.

EDIT:

Oooooo I forgot about Mandibuzz! I reckon you should throw that in over something. If necessary, give it Overcoat to shield it from Sandstorm too.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind / Knock Off / Taunt / U-Turn

This lets you hit Conkeldurr with a STAB bravebird for decent damage I would think. I like Tailwind as a supporting move for the team, but it would probably be better if you ran some more faster Pokemon. You can replace it for one of the options listed in the 4th spot. My first choice would be to remove Drapion for this guy. Something else for you to consider.