View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011 (09:44 AM).
Witch of Life
CS

Quote originally posted by Drakow:
You seem to have embraced the Darkness nicely. Would you like to become my minion?
teehee.
You don't know how flattering that is.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
A Tyranitar taking special hits? Wow.. It seems so foreign, but sounds so good.. Dropping DD is the best thing for my Tyranitar, and if I do that I can get the most out of running a Special Mixer. Plus I wouldn't have to focus so much on Speed anymore.

Cacturne (f) – Life Orb
Sand Veil
252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed
Adament
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Focus Punch / Substitute? (Debating)
-Seed Bomb
I think I like the SubPunch Cacturne too. Swords Dance has been a reoccurring theme between Bisharp and Cacturne. Substitute will, if nothing, allow me to play different moves so I'm not too predictable. However, if I want to run Substitute, shouldn't I use Leftovers instead?

Bisharp (m) – Chople Berry
Defiant
252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Taunt / Brick Break / I’m not so sure lol
I like this a lot. My biggest mistake was trying to make Bisharp more like Scizor. (hence the Agility/Baton Pass mistake) I feel like I skipped out on Sucker Punch so much on this team, so having a priority move will give me a good advantage. Brick Break is an absolute keeper. But I do want to squeeze in Rock Polish somewhere.

Krookodile (m) – Choice Scarf
Moxie
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Fire Fang / Crunch
Fire Fang.. Awesome.

Spiritomb (m) – Leftovers
Pressure
252 Sp. Attack / 4 Sp. Defense / 252 Defense
Bold
-Calm Mind / Will O wisp
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
-Pain Split / Will O Wisp
I wanted to avoid using Psychic, but it seems like the variety that it offers is just what I need. Rest/Sleep Talk is a great combination also.. so I certainly have a lot to consider.

Drapion (m) – Leftovers
Sniper
252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
Impish
-Toxic Spikes
-Night Slash
-Whirlwind
-Taunt / Knock Off
This is a tough decision. Drapion vs Mandibuzz
How did you know I have a female Mandibuzz?

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind / Knock Off / Taunt / U-Turn
My heart tells me not to abandon Toxic Spikes, but with Stealth Rock on Tyranitar (and maybe Cacturne with Spikes?) Drapion as a whole may not be in my best interest. I adore the suggestion for Mandibuzz. It can play the Defensive Supporter role that I want and achieve a lot of that "Skarmory" thing I'm going for. Especially with Overcoat to support Tyranitar.

Scrafty and Hydreigon (my two favourites) are also solid Dark type Pokemon which you could play around with. Both are very good in my opinion and extremely powerful.
I know.. They're so great... Scrafty is so bulky and Hydreigon as a Special Sweeper? Awesome. But, since I am so new to the competitive battling scene, I thought I should stick with Dark Pokemon that have good, reliable tactics that have been tested and confirmed to be successful. I didn't want to go out on a limb and throw together some sets for Scraty and Hydreigon without having a good understanding of their mechanics.

Thanks for the help Drakow! You've given me a lot to think about. I'm always open to new suggestions, so if you think of something, let me know!