View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011 (02:50 PM). Edited June 2nd, 2011 by Overlord Drakow.
-CONQUERER
Team Johto

Nature: Serious
Been doing some more thinking. I've been doing some investigation into Cacturne. A spikes set for Cacturne is certainly viable.

Cacturne (f) – Focus Sash (If intending to lead, otherwise probably leftovers)
Sand Veil
252 Attack (or sp atk if opting for Energy Ball) / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Adament
-Spikes
-Sucker Punch / Seed Bomb / Energy Ball
-Encore
-Magic Coat

This set is so troll if you do it right. If they got a lead which is most likely going to set up stealth rock, shroud yourself with the Magic Coat and bounce that crap back in their face. From here, I'll list the different possibilities and moves you should do to give a favourable outcome.

1) If you think they'll stay in and try to set up again, set up a layer of spikes. Then if you think they'll try to take Cacturne out, use Encore to force them to repeat their set up move. This then gives you at least one extra free turn to set up a layer of spikes as they will most likely switch out in frustration. This is a good outcome as you have 2+ layers of spikes and possibly a stealth rock up and running if they used it turn one.

2) If you think they'll switch, set up a layer of spikes and take it from there.

So no matter what happens, your second move should generally be to set up a layer of spikes. The attacking move is your choice. Sucker Punch is good stuff, but again, you do have a tonne of Dark moves on your team, so perhaps a grass move could be useful to the team. Since Cacturne's offenses are equally powerful, you have the option of Energy Ball.

Another option for Krookodile is Thunder Fang but since it will only be just a bit more powerful than Outrage on a x2 super effective hit, Fire Fang is probably the better choice. Though it does maim Gyarados, which has it's merits.

For your team, Psychic is really needed on Spiritomb. My team is also Conkeldurr weak, so my Jellicent has Psychic too as a means of doing some damage to it.

Yeah, Hydreigon is ran as a powerful special sweeper. His insane coverage and great support movepool make him a lethal force.

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse / U-Turn / Taunt / T-Wave / Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Surf / Focus Blast

That's a good moveset to be wrecking havoc with. You can alternatively slap a choice scarf / specs on him as well.

I've tested Scrafty quite a lot and it's pretty safe to say that the Dragon Dance set is the best, generally speaking of course.

Scrafty (M) @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Trait: Moxie / Shed Skin (both abilities are really good)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

I used to run Shed Skin but now I use Moxie with leftovers.