View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Fairy
the hearing pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
Ehhh I wouldn't run Rock Polish on Bisharp. Its best quality is the SD/Sucker Punch combo which not a whole lot of other Pokemon can do (Absol, maybe?). Sucker Punch bypasses the speed of other Pokemon so you really don't have to worry that much about your speed at all. :B
No Rock Polish? Really? I was thinking that it would be good for when I'm using Psycho Cut, but hey, you guys know best. I guess since Conkledurr is so slow I don't need to be much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
psst all mandibuzz are female iirc
Haha, I'm sorry, that was supposed to be a joke. I guess I just forgot that I'm too new for everyone to get my sense of humor.

Not that you guys don't *get* me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
Been doing some more thinking. I've been doing some investigation into Cacturne. A spikes set for Cacturne is certainly viable.

Cacturne (f) – Focus Sash (If intending to lead, otherwise probably leftovers)
Sand Veil
252 Attack (or sp atk if opting for Energy Ball) / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Adament
-Spikes
-Sucker Punch / Seed Bomb / Energy Ball
-Encore
-Magic Coat
Wow, that's really cool! Thanks for the detailed list of possibilities.

Quote:
Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse / U-Turn / Taunt / T-Wave / Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Surf / Focus Blast
That's funny, cause my Hydreigon has like.. no similarities to your suggestions. With the exception of Dark Pulse. I ended up using Earth Power and Dragon Pulse- which I like.. then again, I seem to like things that work *against* me in competitive battling.

Quote:
Scrafty (M) @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Trait: Moxie / Shed Skin (both abilities are really good)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

I used to run Shed Skin but now I use Moxie with leftovers.
I ended up using Fire Punch on my Scrafty instead of Ice Punch. I feel like I should post of the details of all my Dark Pokemon so you guys can critic them but that would be ridiculous.. and probably a little embarrassing..

Thanks for some effective guidelines I can use on my Hydreigon and Scrafty. It's great having some food for thought on all this stuff. :D

Jeez this is like my 3rd day as a member of the PC and everyone has just been so great to me. I feel like I've learned so much and really challenged myself. Pokemon got so tired and boring after all my friends refused to battle me anymore, so knowing that I still have a long way to go is really rewarding in a strange way.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Fairy; June 2nd, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.