Thread: [Gen V] Drizzle team
View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011 (07:25 PM).
For my next trick...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
I'm not sure if Wide Lens is banned or not, so you might not want to use that. Hypnosis is kinda bad on Politoed anyway, especially the Drizzle kind, unless you're going to use a stall set, which it doesn't look like this team is meant to do. I'd go with a simple Choice Scarf/Specs set to lead with.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Timid (+Spd, -Atk) / Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden power [Electric/Grass]

Next up is that Accelgor. It doesn't really look like it's doing much to benefit the team unless you're going to make it something different, which there really isn't much different to go with from that set. I'd say that you should go with a Ferrothorn over Accelgor. It may not get Hydration or anything like that, but you're getting Fire types weakened, which means you'll be able to tank more hits, and it sort of counts as a counter-Rain Dance Pokemon threat such as Azumarill.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Ivs: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Thunderwave / Protect

Change Tentacruel's item to Leftovers please. Using Black Sludge just gives your opponent a chance to Trick you and put the Black Sludge onto another of your Pokemon, which you don't really want.

This is really all the help I can give right about now, since I don't know too much about the metagame to help you more than this.