View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~

Nature: Adamant
I need something like this! I'm a closeted MtoF transgender (for those creepers who really need to know,) and I'd be absolutely devastated if anyone found out; mostly because I'm not sure how they would handle it. And because I'm going through the later stages of...physical maturity, and my dad would say it's just a part of my "who am I?" phase.

In answer to all of the questions adressed previously:

What got you into supporting LGBT rights? Who/What was your inspiration to do so?

I would say that no one really "inspired" me, per se, just the fact that I'm someone who seeks equal rights and treatment for all, justice, etc. etc. But really got me into the supporting was when my mom brought home this gay/lesbian/general homosexuality documentary, and at the time I was twelve and I thought I was gay, and was actually thinking about coming out as gay to my mother. This should be saved for later, though. Anyway, after that we all (except my obnoxious brother) became avid LGB (no "T" at the time; I didn't really know anything about them) Rights supporters. And so.

Have you come out of the closet? If so, and if you feel comfortable enough here in this safe space, share your coming out story with us. How did your parents/friends take it? Describe the scenario.

I have not ever come out of the closet, not once. I actually have been thinking about it as a whole, though, recently, and I'm just bursting to tell someone (as I have now); instead, I'll tell you the story of how I came to identify as female, despite what was in my pants...

I was thirteen, and I had overheard the word "transgender" in a heated debate on television or whatever. Using my superior spelling skillz, I decoded the word as meaning "cross-gender," but looked up, anyway, on Google, "transgender."

I was shocked at what I found. I found something stating that a transgender youth may or may not be uncomfortable with various or all stages of puberty. That being read, I learned more, and found out that I was, in fact, a mildly gender-variant child earlier in life, always wanting to play with my cousins' Barbies and kitchen sets. Whenever I played "made-believe" as a younger child of about five to eight, I would always play from a female perspective and play a female-empowering woman right in front of everyone else. I was also always hovering over skirts and my mom's and cousins' hair, always wanting to comb it or put it up in a ponytail (I actually did live through my mom at one point while I was seven) and actually once prance around in my mom's shoes.

And then I could identify, on further analysis, with many...hints, for lack of a better word, and found that my gender identity differed from my physical sex. And so I came to identify myself as a Male to Female transgender.

Now ain't that a lovely li'l anecdote?

Have you ever been "gay bashed" or know anybody that has? What tips would you give to others to avoid that or to defend yourself?

Luckily, neither I nor any of my friends have been gay-bashed, because no one knows about my...condition, and because of the fact that my school is somewhat gay-friendly. And while acting gay is a popular joke among kids my age around town, I hardly ever partake for the sake of respect.

And if you or anyone around you is being gay-bashed, if it's verbal, I suggest to ignore it and, if that doesn't work, confront whoever and tell them that something to the effect that you are a person too, and that you have rights, and from your eyes, what they do is unfavorable. In a physical case, though, stand up for yourself and don't let them hurt you. Or, at least try. And, if all else fails, just go and tell an authority figure that you are being harassed; no need for the reason. Harassment is enough of an...immoral act, if you will?

And in regard to anyone who might need it, if you are being told you dong belong or shouldn't exist, or what you are is unnatural, if you believe in a God and if they believe in a God, then inquire, "Why, then, if I'm not meant to be here or am unnatural or undesirable, did God make me the way I am? And don't say He made a mistake, because He doesn't make mistakes." Or something to that effect.

I hope to be active here and to gain positive feedback, help, and just people like me to talk to. :3

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.

Last edited by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott; June 3rd, 2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: to change a question to an answer and an answer to an adress