View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimcharsfireworks View Post
New Types: Well I like the idea of having new types. I wouldn't be editing the battle system so much as just adding a little bit more to the text documents of RMXP (I can't for the life of me remember what it's called and I don't have it on this computer) in the areas of weaknesses and advantages and adding new spaces for the four types. It wouldn't be that hard. Move wise, it's just simply adding a few new moves for those specific types. Again, not hard.
I think you're overlooking a huge amount of balance issues you'd introduce. The amount of work that would have to go into making sure your new types weren't overpowered, didn't make other types significantly weaker or stronger and still maintained enough of a difference to make them worthwhile additions is considerable. The existing battle system was rebalanced to fix those issues for Generation II, and Nintendo, and everyone else for that matter, seem to think it's fairly safe as it is. I don't see any need for it, and it'll just create a pile of work and waste your time.
Quote:
Gym System: I guess it does add a bunch of battles to the game, but it also adds a little bit of a challenge. I'm not sure if it's going to be two separate battles yet or just a double battle. You have to battle each of the leaders in a gym to receive that one badge. So the first gym for instance is rock and ground. You have to battle both leaders and them you receive the badge put together.
I'm not sure I like that, but there we go. Fair enough.

I can't bring myself to read all of that plot right now, but if I have more time tomorrow, I'll try to give you some crit on it.