View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2011 (05:33 PM).
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
This character is very similar to one I'm using in another RP but I like this character a lot. She's tweaked so that she fits in with this RP.

Name: Xoxaa Lizarkia. Can also be known as Xo, or Lizard because of her last name and her preference for the dragon species of Pokemon.

Appearance: The first thing anyone would notice about this girl is her appearance. Many would classify her as physically attractive, but if you'd ask her, she'd say she just looks average. Her reddish-brown hair appears soft and when down, extends about half a foot below her shoulders. The girl's skin isn't perfect by any means, being just a bit lighter in tone compared to most others, but you can tell she isn't plagued by scars or acne. Her eyes are a bright shiny blue hue, which complement her skin tone just right. Her body tone is slightly muscular from her participation in sports, but she still has a healthy layer of fat that makes her appear thin, but certainly not borderline anorexic. Also, her boobs: They're big. Deal with it.

Her quirky style shows, often wearing her hair in long pigtails with a bit of hair left out in the front. This girl's clothing style is more ordinary though. In warm weather, she will wear t-shirts that sometimes appear a little too tight on her, and soft miniskirts that follow the old saying, "Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep it interesting", and on some occasions she'll be wearing short shorts if she is working out. Her athletic background will have her wearing tennis shoes or hiking boots if she's out in the wild. Cold weather forces her to dress more modestly, wearing long sleeve shirts, sweaters, and a big white coat for extra cold weather. Skirts are traded in for jean pants most of the time. Her feet are kept snug in big white winter boots.

Personality: Despite how she dresses and how much unwanted attention she can draw to herself, you'd be surprised how modest this girl is. She is extremely shy, and if made really uncomfortable, she's likely to make a run for it. She's also easily embarrassed. She doesn't take compliments well, and has a nasty habit of blushing badly. Many at first glance would consider her another one of the "ditzy blonde" types. This has kept her from being very outgoing so she usually sticks to herself. When she does talk to someone, she can be very friendly and understanding, and those who really get to know her learn that she is funny, strong willed, intelligent, and has a good heart.

However she isn't always the kindest person you'll meet. She is courageous and if someone's in trouble, she'll do her best to help them. If you piss her off, she will try to fight you. ...No lie. She hates seeing people or Pokemon being abused and she has no problem kicking anyone's ass if she sees it fit to do so. Her temperament is unstoppable and unpredictable, just like her Pokemon specialization. However, she can sometimes completely change moods in an instant, leaving everyone puzzled. Her cheesy, close-lipped smile has a tendency to ease the tension in any situation, OR get her into far more trouble than beforehand.

She also loves to sleep, eat, and work out. She's a very simple girl with very big ambitions. Not even her boobs are that big...

History: Xoxaa was born on the island of Cinnabar in the Kanto region to a skilled Pokemon Breeder and previously a powerful Pokemon trainer of the Dragon species. She grew up in the hilly countryside of Cinnabar at the base of the volcano where she could grow up healthy and strong climbing the rocky steppes of Cinnabar. Living with her mother, she helped to tend to the dragon Pokemon her mother raised after her two older brothers left on Pokemon journeys of their own. Some of her mother's Pokemon were even championship Pokemon her mother used to win many battles. Here Xoxaa learned about Pokemon health and how to treat each Pokemon in a special way.

Though she went to school in Cinnabar, she was teased by many of the students as she grew older. However, that soon changed when adolescence kicked in. Her peers went from teasing her to admiring her good looks. However, her grades weren't all that great in school even as she got older, and even though her mother taught her a lot about Pokemon, she still struggled to win their affection. Her mother knew her daughter wanted to become a Pokemon trainer, and so she began to find help outside of Cinnabar Island. However, this was all cut short when the government had recruited her mother for a special top sercret mission that was recruiting top-notch Pokemon trainers. Her mother had to leave abruptly, and Xoxaa was left in charge of the ranch. Her father also had worked for the government on some top secret mission, and her brothers left no way for her to contact them. She was alone with the ranch.

It isn’t long before she hears about Richmount Academy and decides to attend, an apparent miracle in all that had just happened to her. She signed up right away and used what money her mother left her to make the trip over. She attended the school for years, and despite her good looks, the only people who wanted to be around her were nerds or horny guys looking for vulnerable prey, which Xoxaa was exceptionally good at handling… with her fists. Which got her into a lot of trouble. She also struggled in school all 4 years, where each new year became more difficult for her. All of the busy work she had to do swamped her, and she began to flunk out towards her late Junior and all of Senior year. When the results came in, she was disappointed, but she expected it anyway. She took the chance, and decided to attend this summer school that Richmount had.

Main Goal/Interest: She seeks to become a dragon tamer master, or in other words, a skilled Pokemon trainer who specializes in dragon Pokemon species.

Egg Number: 13! I hope it’s lucky 13 and not Friday the 13th!

RP Sample: I have no recent RPs that I can pull from so I'll have to do what the other person is doing.
Spoiler:
Sweat trickled down this young girl's face, burning up from her fast paced jog around the base of Cinnabar Volcano. A long run on a day like today is no small feat. The summer sun scorches the island, showing mercy to none and and a joy only fire-type Pokemon can appreciate. Not even the ocean's breeze can temper the fury of the molten star on this island. Coming to a stop at a cliff, she looks out to gaze upon the acres which make up a ranch owned by her mother. To her left, she can see the suburbs of Cinnabar City heading up to the north coast and to the downtown area, which his hidden by the massive mountain, the volcano of Cinnabar Island. However, something is amiss.

The girl's expression changes, her eyebrows sink slightly, squinting at the fields in front of her. Turning around, she squats low and grips the cliffside, tossing her legs out and under her once again as she climbs down the small cliff to investigate. As she lands, she rubs her hands together, the dirt particles removed from her hands drifting towards the ground, and she runs through the small thicket up the hill to get a better look. Sure enough, her suspicions were correct. Her mother's ranch Pokemon are gone!

Her eyes open wider, and she asks herself blankly, "What... happened?"

She heads towards the house, just beside the long barn-like shed that allows them access to the ranch. Xoxaa pauses at the parking lot, noticing something missing again! Her mother's car is missing from the parking lot. Again, her eyebrows sink slightly and she makes her way to the house door. The flower garden at the base of her house sway with several flowers and bushes to the ocean breeze as Xoxaa runs up the stone passageway and on to her porch. From her left pocket, Xoxaa looks down as she digs out her house key, looks to the doorknob in front of her, and opens it with the twist of her key.

"Anyone home?" she yells as the door creeks open.

Xoxaa wipes off her hiking boots on the door mat before closing the door behind her and holding her key in her right hand.

"Mom?"

The girl begins to frown slightly, taking a seat on the nearby sofa's arm as she folds her right leg over her left and begins to untie her right boot. After removing them both, she stuffs both of her socks inside of them and heads to her kitchen, a place where mothers are sure to be. Or so she thinks.

"Mom? Are you there?" She asks again, but with a softer tone.

Glancing down to her left, she finds a note and an envelope. With a slightly puzzled look on her face, she reads it.

I'm so sorry you have to come home to this, but I have been chosen by the government for some top secret work and I took my Pokemon with me for the journey. I left you a few thousand dollars to live off of while I'm gone. I'll also send you a portion of whatever I make every month until I get back. I also bought you your own Pokedex. I thought you'd like it. Take care! ~Mom

She shifts her glance to the right, looking at the envelope entrusted to her. Opening it up, Xoxaa sees a wealth of money inside, hopefully enough to live off of for awhile. Further to her left she spots something bright and blue. It's her Pokedex! And in her favorite color! She drops the envelope of money on the counter as well as her house key, snatches her Pokedex like lightning, and runs into her living room with her Pokedex in tow and leaps onto the sofa, eager to investigate some of her Poke-favorites in the Pokedex. Salamence, Charmander, Milotic, Armaldo, she spent nearly 30 minutes looking through her new toy. Her smile grew bigger through each entry of Pokemon she gazed through.

However, something caught the corner of her eye. It's a brochure from Richmount Academy! With big, curious eyes, she slowly grabs the brochure, drops her Pokedex onto the couch pillow, and begins to read it.

Richmount offers education to those who’ve lost pretty much everything. They take aspiring students in, educate them, prepare them, and then ship them out into the world. The academy has raised some of the most famous people in the Pokemon world: Valerie Winters, winner of the 2014 Grand Festival in Kanto; Samuel Vaun, who has beaten the Elite Four in both Johto and Sinnoh; and Carlton Olett, the founder of Unova’s very own ‘Trubbish Support Group’. The staff at Richmount works hard to educate their students, not only on academics, but life skills as well.

We are now accepting applications to our next semester of Freshman students, beginning this Fall!

She reads on, reading about all of the classes and opportunities they can offer. With the schooling she's stuck with here on Cinnabar and her mother gone suddenly, this is the perfect opportunity for her! Perhaps her ambitions to become a great trainer are in Richmount! She places the brochure on the living room table and runs for her room, eager to make a life changing opportunity a reality.