View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2011 (07:53 PM). Edited June 14th, 2011 by flight.
flight
antecolor
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Gothitelle.:
Why is everyone so against Goth having close combat? Don't you agree that it needs better moves? Or do you want it to be hated forever?
I've seen some posts of yours that seem to have some correlation to Gothitelle learning x fighting move because it can? Gothitelle is better off being a special wall more than anything else. I don't care whats even said at this point, it's a fact that base 55 attack on a Psychic pokemon use a Non-stab move won't do anything on any Pokemon(shame on you if you mention Blissey). I mean, if you're going to do that, why not punch a fighting move on Alakazam for that matter(who, amusingly, has the same base attack as Gothitelle, so this comparison can be made)

And I have a question: Why are you so against having Gothitelle learning Focus Blast? Not even that, slap CM on it and have spam HP Fighting. I will just about guarantee you that it will always do more damage that anything close combat or any physical fighting move that you could ever give it.

Just some advice here, is all. In fact, I will personally show you why each and every move you listed is wrong:

Quote:
Close Combat
Karate Chop
Cross Chop
Reversal
Focus Punch
High jump kick
Karate Chop/Cross Chop = Base 55 attack. Enough said. Same for Reversal. Not like it's going to work anyway even if you're at low HP.

Focus Punch = Doesn't work unless you have sub up. IMO. Gothitelle could use SubCM, but I don't think thats the best strategy ever since you need something to recover off that substitute damage or it become priority and weather weak, along with being revenge kill bait.

High Jump Kick = It missed! GG Gothitelle.

---

To be on topic, Lilligant needs better movepool, IMO. Quiver Dance/Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/HP Fire

...If only it could learn sludge bomb. ):

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM