View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2011 (09:11 AM). Edited June 15th, 2011 by Manila Luzon.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by ohsoRANDOM.:
Gothitelle is particularly good at walling, so you don't really have to worry about dying from strong Bug-type/Ghost-type/Dark-type attacks if you a high defense stat (which Gothitelle is all about).

And since her speed is mid-high, she can outspeed some of the mid-level Darks and Bugs in the metagame (lol, though, I did EV train mines in Speed a bit). If you can do that, have her use Charm on the Dark types, which lowers the ATK stat by two stages. Since, y'know, most Dark-type moves are physical.

By saying that Gothitelle is worse than Reuniclus just makes Gothitelle look even worse. Sure, Reuniclus has that amazing Sp. ATK stat, but it has sub-par defenses and is literally as slow as a rock. Even then, there's the fact that Gothitelle can learn Dark Pulse, and her moveset is designed around literally degrading the foe (Fake Tears, Embargo, Flatter, Charm...), then going in for the hit.

In general, the odds can be turned on each other, but it's not like either one can learn Bug Buzz.
Gothitelle cannot wall. Tyranitar used Crunch. GG. 65 Base speed is terrible for sweeping and charm is just... Gothitelle is worse that Reuniclus! Reuniclus is one of the most used Pokemon in the metagame, it maybe slow but it has a load of bulk to back it up.

Anyway Gothitelle shouldn't learn any fighting physical moves, I don't see why people use physical moves like that on Psychic types, hey! Let's go for SubPunch Blissey whilst we're at it! :D

I think that Serperior should of gotten a bigger movepool, like Dragon Moves; Dragon Pulse, Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor. Ground moves like Earthquake and Earth power, the odd poison move like Sludge Bomb. Emboar should have gotten Close Combat / Fire Punch. Unova starters got shafted in the movepool department! >:
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird