View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2011 (11:34 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by kram65536:
In order to hold myself accountable in all situations (I do not like others going easy on me because I never go easy on myself.) Besides let be give an example of what would make me want to do such a thing:

Lets say you make a post in a forum with an intent of constructive criticism, hoping for things to get better but you realize in the end that the same post could also unintentionally invite a flame way, so you decide to warn yourself in your own profile so that you can remember in the future to be more careful about it. Or in the case where the browser wants to send the same data twice, so you infract yourself for using a (I will not say this word because it would be worth an infraction itself, so it is censored) browser that in itself breaks the rules as self encouragement to use a better one.
Members aren't going to be given the ability to infract themselves (well, I highly doubt it at least, 'cause it seems to be very unlikely that it's needed), so the next best thing you can do in such a situation is go to your usercp and up the top you'll see "notepad". In there, you can write as many notes to yourself to warn yourself not to do something again. Besides, double posting as you mentioned, as long as it isn't intentional is fine and isn't usually infracted for (same for accidentally causing a flame war - as long as you don't reply and make it continue, then you won't really get in trouble for it). If you don't want to use your notepad, then just go to either the top right corner of your post, or the bottom left and click the button for "post comment", where you can write a comment about your own post, which can be found down the bottom of your usercp. Both these options would work fine for you, really.