View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2011 (2:39 PM). Edited June 18th, 2011 by Hacki101.
I use too many smileys.... :P
Nature: Calm
I would like to help, but what i was going to do has already been done (Listing exp for each trainer). A note to say if each trainer is skippable would also be useful and at what consequence (eg some bug trainers in VForest you go through extra grass).

How about calculations on how much exp you need before certain trainers (Nugget bridge rival comes to mind and Brock) where you have a 95% chance of winning, thus maximising speed and lowering the likelyness of blacking out. Of course the luck percentile could be changed according to how much time we need to shave off/ how many people we have trying/ the patience of people playing/ how often we want to risk losing.

On the map we could mark out the quickest line through kanto, tile by tile if this already hasnt been done, skipping the unneeded trainers as necessary.

I would be interested in doing the above experiments

Also, myrrh, how far have you got through planning and that because I know you have been working on this for a while.

I have spare cartridges as well for whenever we need them but no camera on the GBA (I would be able to play on an emulator to record but I wuld want it on the cartridge too)

EDIT: On the website linked above the guy who does Crystal doesn't evolve Totodile until Level 20 as it gets Bite in time for whatever he needs it for (I havn't watched it, only read it) Would we consider doing this... examples: Bulba learns Razor Leaf at 20, Ivy 22; Charmeleon learns Flamethrower at 42, Charizard at 46 but no Wing Att.

Is switching to Snorlax/ Legend bird halfway through going to be a quicker option?

And finally, good luck!! (I will watching/helping with interest)
Try my

In this challenge you can only ever have 1 Pokemon of any type and if it faints you can never use that type or Pokemon again! You must battle through each game to completion (E4 Champion or Red) without having all your types eliminated. Choose your Pokemon wisely and have fun!