View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2011 (02:33 AM). Edited June 19th, 2011 by mamoswineftw.
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys I'd like to contribute to this, with tips and such, and perhaps even a run through on my old blue cart.

First thing I'd like to say is that Dugtrio is a surprisingly useful pokemon. Dig as soon as you get it (even as a Diglett), and the only training it really needs is to go through is Vermillion's Gym. Also, Gen I crit mechanics combined with Slash and blistering speed could prove to be useful, critting everything in sight that doesn't resist Normal, and those can be taken care of with Earthquake and Rock Slide (the latter he gets via TM).

I'm happy to test this out if nobody else has the time. With a moveset of Slash/EQ/Rock Slide/Filler, Dugtrio can potentially take out:

Lt Surge's gym
Erika's gym (speed+slash?)
Koga's gym
Sabrina's gym (high speed, Slash and pokemon's low defences)
Blaine's gym (EQ/Dig)
A few of Giovanni's pokemon
4/5 of Lorelei's pokemon with SE Rock Slide, maybe Slowbro with Slash
Brock's Onixes with EQ/Dig, others with Slash maybe
Agatha with Rock Slide for Golbat, rest with Dig/EQ
Dragonite/Aerodactyl/Gyarados with Rock Slide
Pidgeot/Gyarados/Arcanine/Alakazam with various moves

I know there are other pokemon that could defeat all these people, just wanted to highlight this under-appreciated pokemon's usefullness.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.