View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011 (05:50 PM).
I doubt Pokemon will be a hit

Quote originally posted by FrostPheonix:
I'd say that you should calm down. A little prayer won't hurt anyone, and the only thing I'd say you might get worked up about is when they try converting you to a religion or stuff like that.
That's silly. There's absolutely no reason for any sort of religion to be sponsored by a public school. If it was a private school then it wouldn't matter, but public schools are supposed to remain secular, and the only way to guarantee that is to call them out.

I had this wonderful answer written out, but then I exited the page and now I forgot it .
What I'd say for now is that, putting a 'higher power' into the world answers more questions than saying that the universe always existed. If God/gods is a higher power, he would be outside time and therefore could exist eternally. The universe is different, there would be proof that it existed for ever, if it did. At least, that's what I gather from my knowledge.
Lol, that doesn't sound in the least convincing, but that's all I can think of atm.
Not convincing at all and, in my eyes, answers nothing. But I'm fairly certain neither of us are going to change their views, so I'll skip it.

Also, see this:

World's oceans in 'shocking' decline-BBC

Kinda random, but what do you guys think? What might happen if we die out?
If we die out, then we die out. Assuming the world isn't a desolate wasteland, whatever's left on earth will continue to live on until our sun runs out of fuel (~5 billion years from now). With us out of the equation, earth will probably be an amazing place.