View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree-Charizard View Post
Honestly I can't see how anyone can be an atheists* at all. How can you be so narrow-minded that you completely rule out any chance of there being a god. The same goes for hard core theist. I can understand believing in god but to disregard science is just wrong. I find religion to cause more problems than its worth. I believe in god I guess, but I'm kinda leaning more and more towards being agnostic as I grow older. I'm just saying you need to think, not just say there is a god or there isn't, because quite honestly you don't know, no one does. don't mean to offend anyone. Although I'm sure I did :P

* Most Atheists end up really being agnostic in the end anyway
Um. Not offended, but can you please revise your mentality... Please?
(1) Agnosticism is not an alternative to atheism.
(2) You can be both agnostic and atheist at the same time.

Personally, I'm more on the side of being ignostic (with an 'i'! That is, not agnostic) where I believe that the notion of any singular notion of a deity is flawed. Singular notion, not singular deity--that's not to say that I oppose monotheism, but the fact that we interpret all types of deities in the same way. "Deity" or "god" means different things to different people and it's difficult to say that people as a whole are narrow-minded for rejecting the possibility of god. In a way, they are narrow-minded for equating all gods to one definition, but definitely not for the reason you state.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.