View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2011 (5:35 PM). Edited June 23rd, 2011 by Exile.
love below
Gold Tier
Nature: Adamant
Oppo, please have my children.

1) What is ScarfChomp short for?

A Garchomp equipped with a Choice Scarf.

2) CeleTran is a nickname for an infamous combination of two pokemon that damned near resist every type together. Which two pokemon make up this combo, and which type(s) do they not resist?

Celebi and Heatran; Rock, Cosmic.

3) For some reason, my opponent keeps yelling in the chat that "Your Ferro is no match for my SubRise Zone". What is he talking about, and why should I be vary, especially if my main way of taking out steels is by using EarthQuake?'

Ferrothorn can't switch out because Magnezone has the ability Magnet Pull, which traps steel types. Ferrothorn most likely can't do anything, while Magnezone can set up a Substitute on it and then destroy it easily. Earthquake doesn't help here, because Magnet Rise allows the Pokemon that used it, to be immune to Ground Moves for 5 turns and thus you can't hit Magnezone with EQ. Magnezone can also Beswath Ferrothorn for Super-Effective damage.

4) Why is it in general not the best idea to put a Focus Sash on a pokemon that doesn't lead off in a battle?

Entry Hazards and weather can break it's Sash.

5) I have a Lucario with the following moveset:
SD/CC/ES/BP. Identify the moves, and give the set a fitting nickname.

Swords Dance-Close Combat-Extremespeed-Bullet Punch. The set is SD Lucario, but if I had to nickname it, I'd probably call it "El bandito".

6) My opponent used the move Gravity a few turns past, and is currently using a Mamoswine. Why would it be a bad idea to switch my Bronzong into it, which otherwise would wall its STABs completely?

[because your Bronzong has Heatproof lololololol] Gravity negates Levitate, so Bronzong will take a hit from a Pokemon with over 350 Attack using a STAB Move with over 100 Base Power for Super Effective Damage. Aka Dead Zong.

7) Why is it in general not necessarily the best idea to put a lot of Life Orbs as held items on a team with Tyranitar?

Because with Life Orb and Sandstorm Damage, they lose 16.5% of their health, each turn.

Decipher the set names;

1) NP MixApe=Nasty Plot Infernape with both Physical and Special Attacks and EVs. 4 Wall Break.
2) TrickScarf Rotom-W-A Rotom-W holding a Choice Scarf and knows Trick.
3) SDef SD Scizor=Specially Defensive Swords Dance Scizor
4) CM Rank=Calm Mind Reuniclus
5) BU Croak=Bulk Up Toxicroak
6) SD BP Scor=Swords Dance Something Gliscor
7) Air Balloon Tran=Heatran Holding an Air Balloon 4 Ground Attacks
8) AgiliGross=Metagross with agility
9) DD Bulky Gyara=Bulky Dragon Dance Gyarados
10) MixMence=Salamence with both Physical and Special Moves
11) SD YacheChomp=Swords Dance Garchomp holding a Yache Berry 4 Ice Moves.
12) JelliTaunt=Jellicent with Taunt 4 Rank.
13) TR Rank-Trick Room Reuniclus
14) QD MSun Volcorona-Quiver Dance Volcarona with Morning Sun
15) CB Azu=Choice Band Azumarill
16) SD RP Terra=Terrakion with Swords Dance and Rock Polish
17) SubSplit Gar=Gengar with Pain Split and Substitute
18) NP Luke=Nasty Plot Lucario
19) Specs Lati=Latios with Choice Specs 4 Meteors
20) Double Dance Dra=Dragon Dance Kingdra?
21) RS Starmie=Rapid Spin Starmie
22) TechniTop=Hitmontop with Technician
23) CB Meta=Choice Band Metagross
24) DD Babiri Tar=Dragon Dance Tyranitar holding a Babiri Berry
25) SubSeed CM Bi=Leech Seed Substitute Calm Mind Bivalves

Didn't look at the term list at all. ;D

Also, you might want to add terms that refer to Pokemon, like "Mons" or "Pokes".

paired to kaori & vrai