Competitive Jargon and Abbreviations / Dictionary
View Single Post
June 22nd, 2011 (5:55 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
1) What is ScarfChomp short for?
Choice Scarf Garchomp
2) CeleTran is a nickname for an infamous combination of two pokemon that damned near resist every type together. Which two pokemon make up this combo, and which type(s) do they not resist?
Celebi and Heatran. Rock is still unresisted.
3) For some reason, my opponent keeps yelling in the chat that "Your Ferro is no match for my SubRise Zone". What is he talking about, and why should I be vary, especially if my main way of taking out steels is by using EarthQuake?
That Ferrothorn is weak against Substitute Magnet Rise Magnezone because it's ability Magnet Pull traps it in, while it is easily able to set up a Substitute and Magnet Rise while Ferrorthorn can't really touch it. It's more than likely carrying HP Fire to kill it as well. You can't take out this Magnezone because Magnet Rise makes it immune to Ground type attacks like Earthquake temporarily.
4) Why is it in general not the best idea to put a Focus Sash on a pokemon that doesn't lead off in a battle?
Entry hazards break your sash the second you switch in, plus any weather effects will nullify it as well.
5) I have a Lucario with the following moveset:
SD/CC/ES/BP. Identify the moves, and give the set a fitting nickname.
SDLuke is cute with Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Bullet Punch.
6) My opponent used the move Gravity a few turns past, and is currently using a Mamoswine. Why would it be a bad idea to switch my Bronzong into it, which otherwise would wall its STABs completely?
Gravity gets rid of the ability Levitate that Bronzong (most likely) has, so Mamo can hit it with Earthquake easily and kill it.
7) Why is it in general not necessarily the best idea to put a lot of Life Orbs as held items on a team with Tyranitar?
The residual damage from both Life Orb and Sandstorm will wear your team down quickly.
Decipher the set names;
1) NP MixApe
Nasty Plot Mixed Infernape
2) TrickScarf Rotom-W
Trick Choice Scarf Rotom-W
3) SDef SD Scizor
Specially Defensive Swords Dance Scizor
4) CM Rank
Calm Mind Reuniclus
5) BU Croak
Bulk Up Toxicraok
6) SD BP Scor
Swords Dance Baton Pass Gliscor
7) Air Balloon Tran
Air Balloon Heatran
9) DD Bulky Gyara
Dragon Dance Bulky Gyarados
11) SD YacheChomp
Swords Dance Yache Berry Garchomp
13) TR Rank
Trick Room Reuniclus
14) QD MSun Volcorona
Quiver Dance Morning Sun Volcorona
15) CB Azu
Choice Band Azumarill
16) SD RP Terra
Swords Dance Rock Polish Terrakion
17) SubSplit Gar
Substitute Pain Split Gengar
18) NP Luke
Nasty Plot Lucario
19) Specs Lati
20) Double Dance Dra
Rain Dance and Dragon Dance Kingdra
21) RS Starmie
Rapid Spin Starmie
23) CB Meta
Choice Band Metagross
24) DD Babiri Tar
Dragon Dance Babiri Berry Tyranitar
25) SubSeed CM Bi
Substitute Leech Seed Calm Mind Celebi
Didn't look at anything =3
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jake♫
Find all posts by Jake♫
Find threads started by Jake♫