View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalapizzame
On an unrelated note, our attempts to enforce policy that will theoretically (or try to) promote activity and refresh our member base with a new generation of PC members are starting to roll off the production line. Tutoring will start soon if all goes well, and there is certainly enthusiasm and compassionate veterans of S&M / CBC to try and make sure it is a civil and energetic endeavor. I do think it will generate some form and degree of success, but it is audacious to think it will directly generate a recovery of this forum and renew the ranks; I think it is fair and somewhat optimistic to say it will help along the grander scheme, and provide a model for other ideas if it goes through successfully. Hopefully, our tutors will be polite and pass on a calm mindset, and give newer players less familiar to the competitive environment a set of basic rules and simple rationale; while I do not think practically doing everything for students is prudent it might be best to give them heavy advice, depending on the situation and relative experience of the student. We shall see. In any case, I'd like to see how others think this shall go along. Any commentary on current policies aimed at reviving this forum, or thoughts on how to continue this attempt at recovery (future actions etc.)?
Well, I have something to share with you and the entire DCC that I've told Vrai the other day in an MSN conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part of Me and Vrai's MSN conversation
(3:51 AM) PrincessWinte: Listen
(3:51 AM) PrincessWinte: The part where people are successful
(3:51 AM) PrincessWinte: is really not the fact where they don't reach the goals
(3:52 AM) PrincessWinte: is the fact where they pave the road so they actually know HOW to achieve their goals.
And

Quote:
(3:52 AM) PrincessWinte: and the forum merge was exactly what CBC currently needed. It's activity is increased by a lot, but even if it didnt meet standards
(3:52 AM) PrincessWinte: its a hell of a lot better than how S&M was before, right?
Not only that!

Quote:
(3:53 AM) PrincessWinte: We need to set the bar higher, but little by little as we acheive our goals one by one
(3:53 AM) PrincessWinte: then we get where we want to go
(3:53 AM) PrincessWinte: Even if this fails, everyone needs to know that no one really needs to feel down, because everyone knows EXACTLY what to do already
(3:53 AM) PrincessWinte: the road has already been paved
(3:53 AM) PrincessWinte: its just a matter of traveling it and overcoming obstacles along the way