• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Okay, so small update here:

Given some trouble with Essentials (okay, many problems with Essentials), I decided to try and use CNG's own kit for Pokémon Nightmare. If everything goes right, then I'll stick to it. That also means that I'm going to continue doing maps, but a demo can only be expected once and if the kit is usable for the effect and the porting was finished.

Meanwhile, I updated the main post's screenshots, since most of them had a shabby quality. Here they are as well:

All+Screenshots.png

fliyer

played more than 2000 hours-_-
Years
  • Age 30
  • S.D.
  • Seen Jul 3, 2016
this game looks awsome and all but i keep getting a game killing glich :\ everytime i battle an error message eventualy pops up and it shuts the game down >.<
heres the most recent glich

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
First thing I will say is Thank you so much for cutting HM's. I'm sure many will be greatful. Haha, I love the idea of the story not being based around Gym badges, and I like the new Coliseum idea. Overall looks great! I'll be checking back on progress without a doubt.

Years
Wow this look pretty awesome, I love the fakemon and story like, and the lack of HM's The maps are pretty good too, although I'm not blown away I will deffinatly being downloading your recent release to try out. Good work so far!

D. Lawride

Years
this game looks awsome and all but i keep getting a game killing glich :\ everytime i battle an error message eventualy pops up and it shuts the game down >.<
heres the most recent glich

Spoiler:

I know; because I haven't figured a way to correct it - among other issues with Essentials - I'm going to switch over to CNG's kit.

First thing I will say is Thank you so much for cutting HM's. I'm sure many will be greatful. Haha, I love the idea of the story not being based around Gym badges, and I like the new Coliseum idea. Overall looks great! I'll be checking back on progress without a doubt.

Eheh, glad those things are getting a good reception; they're some of the highlights I wanted for the game. ^^

Wow this look pretty awesome, I love the fakemon and story like, and the lack of HM's The maps are pretty good too, although I'm not blown away I will deffinatly being downloading your recent release to try out. Good work so far!

Thanks! ^^

Hi Don, I finally got an account on here! xD

The project's looking great as ever, I can't wait for the next demo. Any ideas as of when it's coming out? The most recent one still seems to hate me :T

Cynder! x3

Yeah, not sure, unfortunately; I'm waiting for some updates on CNG's kit before porting the game - hopefully, it will be fully functional afterwards.
At any rate, I suggest trying the second-to-last release meanwhile, since the only difference between them is graphic-wise.

Years
  • Online now
can someone help me

my game crashed when i am in a battle

and i can not load my game

please help

with version 1 the same i can not load my game when i save

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
As I mentioned, the game seems to work fine for some, and not work at all for other.s Apparently, setting the Compatibility to Windows 98 could solve the problem in the most recent demo.

Small update, to commemorate the finishing of Sitia Port (here: http://donlawride.deviantart.com/#/d3iw1u3). I'll add three more screenshots to the pile.

LoZ players should fear the second one. :3

my_three_cents_by_donlawride-d3jvf0k.png

Enjoy! :D

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Looks good,
Talking slowking? seems interesting.

Sitia Port looks really good, love how it sinks into the desert.

D. Lawride

Years
Wow, Sitia Port looks pretty cool. Looks like there's a lot to do there.
I have to admit, the 'You've met with a terrible individual, haven't you?' reminds me of that one Majora's Mask video... haha. And talking Slowking? That brings back memories of the second Pokémon movie I saw as a kid... Keep it up; it looks good thus far.

Thanks! ^^
Yup, it's one of the places with most quests to do.

Ah good, someone explicitly understood the reference xD

Hum, there was also a talking something in it? I didn't see the second one, I think. D:

D. Lawride

Years
So, I decided I would update on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBacngGL_BM

This is a 'test trailer' on sidescrolling in Nightmare. All details should be in the video.

About the applications, I'm not planning on using it all the time, nor close; this is one such case, an enemy base, where I think you'll like the exploration part.

Double update, sorry; felt like the previous video was still incomplete.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
megaman. all i see really, is megaman. still it looks cool, different and unique from all the other rmxp games

D. Lawride

Years
D. this makes me almost wanna start my old game project up, who does your custom graphics you?

I'll take that as a compliment xD

The overworlds are done by Salimus on deviantArt. The rest of the graphics, excluding some sets of tiles, are public resources.

D. Lawride

Years
Okay, last video I'll be uploading for the next two weeks. This one shows the new intro to the game, with new themes, new everything, and a small playthrough of the beginning of the story.

D. Lawride

Years
So, I felt like it was time to give new screenshots as well, seeing as three videos were published, and this time to show the swimming 'skill', no longer done with Pokémon, and other miscellaneous features and events, like the Costa City market, the character portraits for important dialog, and the sidescrolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back