View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2011 (11:43 PM). Edited July 2nd, 2011 by Eeveemaster9.
Years of Lies
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Chapter 2 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

I watched, a blank expression painted across my face, as the fragile, little vampire not only approached Ryuu, but offered him a suspicious capsule inside her palm. The way she acted... It was as if she thought of him as a friend. According to Ryuu`s past behavior, he was lucky a little girl decided he wasn`t -that- threatening. He didn`t seem like the sociable type, unless his definition of a friendly hug was around their throat. With Marisa`s tiny hands extended to him like that, i pictured a mouse venturing into grass, where a snake laid in wait. And, as if he heard my thoughts, Ryuu snatched at the capsule, and hissed curse-filled questions at her. A warning for Marisa to back off before he attacked. A tiny girl against a giant like himself? He could flatten her to death just by laying on her. Crush every bone in her body. Though, it may not be as easy as i had imagined. Marisa, with her agile, swift feet could easily outrun Ryuu. Climb twenty feet up a tree within seconds. So, she wasn`t completely 0/100 against Ryuu. Just hope she didn`t find herself in physical combat.

My attention turned to the boy Marisa had taken refuge behind. The boy -Kerin- was exchanging words with Ryuu in the vampires defense. Kerin, a vampire himself, seemed to be the most level-headed out of all fifteen of us. Perhaps sixteen, because Jin didn`t exactly catch my eye as a strawberry. More like the poisonous nightshade. Anyways, back onto Kerin... Though his posture was strong, it was easy for me to notice how he didn`t bare his fangs. Vampires had the habit of doing so when their mood was `ruffled`, so... It led me to suspect he wasn`t too keen on who he was. Someone who questioned their species... I highly doubted he knew Marisa from before the reaping, so why did Marisa seem so comfortable, hiding behind his back? Why did he rush to her aid?

(To be editted)

No simple alliance i knew of, was that protective of one another. Unless... Unless Kerin felt some sort of pity for Marisa. Not Marisa exactly, but who she came out to be. A defenseless, friendly teen whom not only had the misfortune of being thrusted into the games, but also to be falsely accused in the surveys as a threat. Or, did it run deeper than that? A sense that Kerin had to protect her, over something he previously did, or that she reminded him of some loved one he was connected to?

My attention swiveled back onto their hostile conversation. Well, not hostile on Kerin`s part, but definitely so for Ryuu. The Rhyno was going on about how there was only going to be one winner, which technecially wasn`t true.

Rebellion. That`s what rang in my head at Kerin`s final words to Ryuu. He practically announced that he was going against the rules of the Population Games. Which, mind you, was a big no-no in the Gods eyes. He was just lucky all the previous devices weren`t picking up on his bold choosing of words. I lowered my eyesight to the floor, as Marisa was placed back beside me. Now was my chance to expose how important these games were.

"... Ryuu, technecially there can be four winners at most. However, that isn`t the case this year..." I looked back around at all the faces. Faust seemed slightly peeved at something. Paris wasn`t really paying attention. I didn`t care if she heard me or not. Besides her, i mostly had everyones attention again.

"The Gods are planning for there not to be a winner this year. No survivers. And, Kerin just unconsciously proved what i`m saying. Most, if not all of us, are against the God`s Government... So, they are going to eliminate us before we can cause a shift in power... They don`t want me here especially. They want me gone so i can`t take over their government."
"Your plans will fail, my sweet lady. And when they do, your stories will be nothing but lies, your rebellion will be in vain, and war will rage for years until you are but a speck of dust." - Noh
"The lies of your world will be exposed. My rebellion will rein over your realm, and no longer will this time be plagued by war." - ???