Thread: [Gen V] My Team
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2011 (06:16 AM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
So I'm thinking that this is a Gen V team since Salamence is banned in OU in Gen IV. If that's the case, then there are a few things I wanted to mention...

Firstly Explosion got nerfed in the transition from Gen V to Gen IV and you should avoid running it if you can. It's a really weak attack now. :( Ludicolo + Tyranitar is really ineffective, as well as the fact that Ludicolo's rain weakens Salamence's wallbreaking potential with Fire Blast. I'd rather use a different Pokémon than try to run Ludicolo because it's likely just going to mess with your team rather than aid it. Last thing: if this is a Gen V team, Bronzong is definitely not supposed to be setting up Screens - I'd rather use something incredibly efficient like Deoxys-S to do that. Instead, I'd rather use Zong's standard set to help check things like Sand sweepers (ie Excadrill and Landorus).

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD - IVs: 2 Spe (for HP Ice)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Also keep in mind that if this is a Gen IV team, most of my comments are null and void though you'll have to find a replacement for Salamence since it is banned in Gen IV. Good luck with your team!