View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011 (05:27 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Hi, looks like a fairly solid team from first glance. However it looks like you're going to have a lot of difficulty with Magnezone. It traps Scizor and Ferrothorn, as well as scares out Politoed and Jellicent. Thundurus and Croak are the only things that scare it out, though Croak takes a ton from a random Thunderbolt (394 Atk vs 166 Def & 368 HP (95 Base Power): 243 - 286 (66.03% - 77.72%)) and Thundurus even more so (394 Atk vs 196 Def & 299 HP (95 Base Power): 205 - 243 (68.56% - 81.27%)). You might want to invest in something that resists Electric moves or scares it out, like a rain abuser Dragonite set. You should also run Superpower on Scizor - X-Scissor is wasteful anyway (U-turn hits just as hard, and on a Technician set Bug Bite is superior). You can also catch apparent Magnezone switch-ins with it.

I'd really suggest having Rotom-W somewhere on the team - Scizor and Rotom-W complement each other extremely well and can play the Volt Change & U-turn mindgame, constantly forcing out the other's checks and continually forcing the opponent to rack up Spikes and SR damage. For example: You send out Scizor. They switch to Skarmory as you U-turn, and you switch in Rotom-W. They switch in Latias and you Volt Change out (note that Skarm is OHKO'd if it stays in, making Scizor's job so much easier) and you switch Scizor back in. They're stuck in the mindgame of "how am I going to hit this" and puts you at a huge advantage with prediction and keeping the opponent under your control.

I also greatly prefer Taunt Jellicent as it's literally superior to every other set.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover

Taunt and 88 Spe EVs lets you outpace min Speed Skarmory and burn/taunt it before it recovers. Will-o-Wisp is greatly preferred as Jellicent would rather improve its defense (by cutting attack) rather than trying to outstall Toxic damage while they just set up. 75 Acc is better than a 30% chance to burn, btw. Taunt Jellicent is a really good stallbreaker and oftentimes beats things like Ferrothorn.

Aside from that, I can't think of much, though I'd definitely consider Specs Politoed at lead as that is its best set (a chance of OHKOing standard Rotom-W if it comes in on the HPump is amazing). Good luck with your team and I hope I helped a bit.