Thread: [Gen V] [RMT] I'm new to this!
View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2011 (11:52 PM).
Fairy
ş̛͇̌͌̂ͪͩ̃̎̃͌ a̢̼͊͊͐́̇͆̍̚͟ͅ ͅv̨̙̹̘̠̊ͨͧ̑ẻ ̶̩̩̮ͭ̈̍̾́͡ tͨ̀ ̡͕̗̫̘̣͛̆̏ͦ͢͡ h̓ͬͪͪ̊̍̋̿̎ȅ̊ m̴̨͍̬̿ͫͩͨͥͩͭ͠ ̙

Listen to Vrai, he's very experienced and he knows what he's talking about.

But all that aside, it's clear that you have done your homework. You obviously put some research into your team.

Don't get the impression that the Pokemon you've selected are inferior to Gen V regulations, it's just that they're not up to par with the other Pokemon available to you now. But really, lets face it, Aerodactyl is a fine lead and, personally, I wouldn't change the moveset at all. Does that make it the best? Maybe not once you're familiar with the Gen V Pokemon. It's up to you.

You might want to seriously think about using Ferrothorn > Dusknoir if you're looking for an all out defensive monster.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet?
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 196 Speed / 60 Defense
Relaxed [+Defense; -Speed]
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

This set may not be perfect, I'm sure, but you get the point. This way, you'll have something that will wall Pokemon up and down. Ferrothorn really is a beast and it supports your team with Spikes.

Maybe you'd want to try Haxorus > Flygon.

Granted, I'm suggesting this based off of Vrai's comment on "Pokemon that use a Choice Scarf effectively". Haxorus, among others, is a good candidate for this facet. Just know that if you replace Flygon with Haxorus and keep Aerodactyl and Breloom, your team is going to be super weak to ice. So you're just going to have to work with this if you like it.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Mold Breaker
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack]
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop
- X-Scissor / Dragon Claw / Rock Slide

These are just very loose examples of possibilities for your team. There are many options out there but the best thing you can do for yourself is go and get the experience.

Best of luck to you.