View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2011 (03:12 PM). Edited July 8th, 2011 by klemniops.

I played around with this a bit too, and it seems to me that the Minun glitch is definitely caused by the ability Minus. I changed its ability around using YAPE and when I switched it to something other than Minus it worked fine. Except for Flash Fire, as mentioned above; that seems to crash the game if you use a fire-type attack after receiving damage from a fire-type attack, but not before.

This patch should probably be tested with all abilities that react to damage. I'll certainly be doing some of that, since I plan to use this patch for the hack I'm working on (first-time hacker - and poster - here!).

I played around with this a bit too, and it seems to me that the Minun glitch is definitely caused by the ability Minus. I changed its ability around using YAPE and when I switched it to something other than Minus it worked fine. Except for Flash Fire, as mentioned above; that seems to crash the game if you use a fire-type attack after receiving damage from a fire-type attack, but not before.

This patch should probably be tested with all abilities that react to damage. I'll certainly be doing some of that, since I plan to use this patch for the hack I'm working on (first-time hacker - and poster - here!).

Edit: I did a bit of testing with some abilities that I thought might be relevant. Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Plus, Huge Power, Hustle, and Pure Power all do not crash the game, although with Pure Power I couldn't really tell whether or not the effect actually worked.