View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post

Ooh goody. Now, all that needs to be done is to write a routine that allows a wireless double battle to work!

Especially if each trainer tries to catch the same Pokemon.

Edit: Someone made a really good point on that video. I'll have to see to it. It is using surf to kill both opposing Pokemon. But, I don't think anything special will happen.
As you may have realised by now, it makes absolutely no difference if you KO them both at the same time as the game runs the checks properly.

I've managed to iron out most of the bugs with my routines now. The only problem now is that I can't find what tile the player is standing on, and as such, can't work out probabilities for how often they should occur.

I was trying to cook up a way for normal grass tiles to have a 1 in 20 chance or something, with "special" grass tiles having a much higher chance. If anyone could point me in the right direction for where to get a tile ID in the RAM/ROM, I will finish this hack off, and get it posted on here for all and sundry to use.

Also, 100th post! :D