Thread: Research/Survey: Game Boy Player for FireRed
View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2011 (01:06 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by redriders180:
I thought maybe I could put in a little thing here...Could this also maybe be used for adding instruments to a track, similar how in BW, interacting with different people can cause the background music to have a different track.

Also, sorry to get kind of off topic, but can someone PM me the link to "New Sappy"? Seems like everyone has it but me...
I highly doubt it would work this way, but we could probably come up with some clever way of doing it. There's a list of playing tracks somewhere in the RAM. We could directly hack that to add new tracks on the fly.

Quote originally posted by shiny quagsire:
I think to increase customisability (Just made that up...), you could set the table offsets to the very end of the ASM, and make it so the variable value looks of an offset in the table, so if the variable is 0x1, it'll look up the second offset. It's easy, and expands the concept. That way specific items could also only trigger specific music tables too.
It could easily support that, but having multiple music tables would be wasteful IMO, as they take up a large amount of space. Still, if you so wished, there would be no issues with using it. Mines simply uses a flag for simplicity's sake.