View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Thanks a lot everybody! Especially Alexial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Nice looking team! :D
I haven't seen a Rain team without Toxicroak or Rotom-W in a while. Oh, btw, I'm not going to mention this again, but could someone cover the legality of Swift Swim + Drizzle?

I'm going to keep this relatively short... for once.

By what your Type Table shows, five of your Pokemon take neutral damage from Ground type attacks, save Latios with Levitate. That means you may have a problem with Excadrill and the "more than common" Earthquake that many Pokemon in this Metagame sport. If you're not able to counter these threats well, you may find that it's a big issue. :( Also, I don't know anything about Armaldo, but personally, I've never seen him on a Rain team.

Most people run a Choice Specs variant of Politoed. I'm not sure how that'll work since it's not your lead but, this is always an option:

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Drizzle
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Modest [+Sp.Attack; -Attack]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

In its essence, it's a pretty simple set. The Scarf is going to make Revenge killing very easy and STAB Hydro Pump with Rain boost is only going to make it sweeter. Ice Beam deals with Dragons, simple as that. Now, Earthquake have more than enough competitive merit, but Focus Blast is going to get the jump on Tyranitar to stop any Sandstorms, plus it makes more sense cause it's a Special Attack. HP Electric will take out any bulky waters that wall Politoed. Oh, and Hyper Beam is a big no-no. ;( Two turn moves like that just give your opponent a free opportunity to attack or set up.

Also, Latios pretty much always comes with Surf and would undoubtedly benefit from a Life Orb > Wise Glasses.

Latios @ Life Orb
Levitate
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Timid [+Speed; -Attack]
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover / Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunder

Surf is going to hit like a bus. STAB Draco Meteor speaks for itself but you could also go with Dragon Pulse if you don't like the drop in Special Attack. HP Fire can take on Metagross, who Latios can have problems with because of it's resistance to Dragon, but HP Fire doesn't necessarily work well in the Rain. Hence, why Recover is there. Basically, Recover is mentioned because of the Life Orb but Choice Specs can also work on Latios instead. If all else fails, HP Fire sucks, you don't want a reliable recovery move, and Draco Meteor is killing everything that Ice Beam should, just go with a 100% accurate Thunder. :D

Hnnng... Jellicent likes Will-O-Wisp > Toxic with Scald because it has a harder time stalling for Toxic damage while your opponent sets up. Water Absorb > Cursed Body always. Jellicent already absorbs water hits like a champ with a good switch in, so it might as well *literally* absorb water. Also, you might like to run a Bold [+Defense; -Attack] nature over Calm with an EV spread of 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Speed. Jellicent has enough Special Defense, so why not give it to Defense.

I hope this helped a bit!
This wasn't too long, was it? ;P
Thanks!

Anyway, since I´m going to switch out Politoed now that he´s useless, I can consider something that can counter Ground-types more effectively. Thanks, I actually hadn´t noticed that!

I´m dumping Politoed, but thanks for the moveset anyway.

EVs sound good, Surf and Psyshock sounds smarter, Life Orb looks like a good idea, thanks!

Two burning moves? What´s the point of that? It seems like a huge space waster, even if there´s really a huge problem with Toxic (which I don´t see). I can include something like Shadow Ball maybe? Or did you mean replacing Toxic AND Scald? Also, Water Absorb could prevent other Waters from taking advantage of the rain, but I see Cursed Body working more efficiently. Since most Physicals doing Contact, I could invest more in HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

Swift Swim + Drizzle isn't allowed if you follow our tiers (or more specifically, Smogon tiers). Pokemon Online's server allows it though, I think. Not sure entirely.
That sucks. Thanks for telling me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I know that you want Mienshao to go mixed, but having 2 Fighting moves and U-turn leaves you walled by Ghosts:
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator

HP Ice is there so that Mienshao can deal with Gliscor and Landorus.
With Regenerator it´s not as necessary, but I might give HP a few EVs anyway. Other than that, Hidden Power Ice is a great idea, thanks, I didn´t see the Ghost flaw. I don´t know how smart it would be to have Naive (most of Mienshao´s weaknesses are Special-oriented), I might have Hasty or Lonely.