View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2011 (12:11 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by Kirby.
Nature: Mild
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
Thanks a lot everybody! Especially Alexial.
Awww. Thank you very much! :D

Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
Two burning moves? What´s the point of that? It seems like a huge space waster, even if there´s really a huge problem with Toxic (which I don´t see). I can include something like Shadow Ball maybe? Or did you mean replacing Toxic AND Scald? Also, Water Absorb could prevent other Waters from taking advantage of the rain, but I see Cursed Body working more efficiently. Since most Physicals doing Contact, I could invest more in HP.
Allow me to explain this a little more.. I really didn't go into all the detail necessary to make the Will-O-Wisp+Scald thing make sense.

Actually, I'm going to steal the whole thing from Vrai, who made two very comprehensive comments in other threads to people who had a similar set on their Jellicents.
thanks vrai ilu

Originally Posted by Vrai

Yes it does. Jellicent would prefer a more reliable source of Burn. Think of this: if you're trying to burn something, wouldn't you rather have 70 acc than 30 acc? That's basically what's going on there. Jellicent needs Burn to function properly and beat the things it is supposed to, like Ferro and Scizor and Skarmory. Toxic sounds good on paper but it's absolutely inferior to Will-o-Wisp in the long run.

Originally Posted by Vrai

Will-o-Wisp is greatly preferred as Jellicent would rather improve its defense (by cutting attack) rather than trying to outstall Toxic damage while they just set up.
Essentially, it's the synergy between the two that makes it such a beautiful combination on Jellicent.

I hope that clears things up a bit!
Vrai get 100% credit for this post.

EDIT: Forgot something. ;o; I just want to share my experience with Cursed Body and Water Absorb.

For a while, I completely forgot to change Jellicent's ability from Cursed Body to Water Absorb on the Team Builder for Pokemon Online. It just totally slipped my mind. So, on the first battle with my team-- I switched out to Jellicent and didn't "absorb" the attack. However, Cursed Body hit and the opponent's Pokemon began to struggle. Which pretty much won me the battle.

Now, I do not possess the clairvoyance to foresee how the battle would have gone had I not disabled their attack, so that's not to say that Water Absorb has absolutely no competitive merit. The abilities are equivalent and interchangeable depending on what Pokemon you are facing. After testing it for a short while and having the same circumstance happen a few more times, I did end up switching my Jellicent's ability to Water Absorb. Simply put, it has been invaluable at times and really served my team well. My point is, you're going to have to find out what works best for you and your team based on the experiences you have while battling. Maybe Water Absorb will be completely useless and you'll hate it. Maybe not. Just know that choosing one over the other isn't necessarily a disservice to Jellicent. I just gave you my personal preference.

Okay, that's it! :D
If you want help finding a Pokemon to replace Politoed, let us know or just edit your post with your new ideas!
"Kirby is shaped like a friend"
moderator of art & design
admin of PC's deviantart group
galleryastra story