View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2011 (05:15 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by tente2.
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Alexial357:

Awww. Thank you very much! :D

Allow me to explain this a little more.. I really didn't go into all the detail necessary to make the Will-O-Wisp+Scald thing make sense.

Actually, I'm going to steal the whole thing from Vrai, who made two very comprehensive comments in other threads to people who had a similar set on their Jellicents.
thanks vrai ilu

And

Essentially, it's the synergy between the two that makes it such a beautiful combination on Jellicent.

I hope that clears things up a bit!
Vrai get 100% credit for this post.

EDIT: Forgot something. ;o; I just want to share my experience with Cursed Body and Water Absorb.

For a while, I completely forgot to change Jellicent's ability from Cursed Body to Water Absorb on the Team Builder for Pokemon Online. It just totally slipped my mind. So, on the first battle with my team-- I switched out to Jellicent and didn't "absorb" the attack. However, Cursed Body hit and the opponent's Pokemon began to struggle. Which pretty much won me the battle.

Now, I do not possess the clairvoyance to foresee how the battle would have gone had I not disabled their attack, so that's not to say that Water Absorb has absolutely no competitive merit. The abilities are equivalent and interchangeable depending on what Pokemon you are facing. After testing it for a short while and having the same circumstance happen a few more times, I did end up switching my Jellicent's ability to Water Absorb. Simply put, it has been invaluable at times and really served my team well. My point is, you're going to have to find out what works best for you and your team based on the experiences you have while battling. Maybe Water Absorb will be completely useless and you'll hate it. Maybe not. Just know that choosing one over the other isn't necessarily a disservice to Jellicent. I just gave you my personal preference.

Okay, that's it! :D
If you want help finding a Pokemon to replace Politoed, let us know or just edit your post with your new ideas!
Thanks a lot again for continuing to give me great advice.

I think I'm going to have to playtest until I find the better ability.

I still don't see the point of Scald+Will-o-Wisp. The whole argument (thanks for elaborating, by the way) seems to be evidence that Scald is inferior and should be switched. I see why Toxic isn't really a good idea anymore, but when you compare it like that Scald looks like something worth switching for something like Shadow Ball or Giga Drain (Jelly learns Giga Drain right?).