Thread: [Pokémon] [SWC] The Beastman
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:30 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

@Mizan: Actually, Mizan, there wasn't too much effort placed into The Beastman - hence the weaknesses you've pointed out. I didn't realise there was a competition until far too late, rushed it massively for completion, and made the whole thing up as I went along. Hence the mistakes. I actually have a weird relationship with the story; I think I like the idea, but am uncertain about the execution; all I can say is that it was an experiment, and (I think) it turned out mostly all right.

Regardless, I accept both your criticisms and your praise. I think Celebi's mindset and Sirinian's sarcasm invaded the story from The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World; I've been writing that for so long now that I found it very difficult not to make jokes and references while writing The Beastman. The worst of it is that writing them felt the most natural, which means that - worryingly - I'm getting stuck in the comedy genre. I'm going to have to do something about that.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah, thanks for stopping by. I realise that you're doing this for all the SWC entries, but it's still nice.

@Spikey-Eared Pichu: Thank you, but this story is done now. Forever. I'm not even going to bother editing it. I stopped because the words ran out.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.

Last edited by Cutlerine; December 18th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.