Restarted my old game and picked Piplup as my starter. I've never picked the Pokemon before, one reason being the Anime, and the other being my general dislike for Water-type Starters, as Water is the most common type around. As a sign of respect, the game gave me a female without me having to restart.
* Beat my rival
* Got the Running Shoes
* Saw Cyrus at Lake Verity/Valor (one of the two)
* Fruitlessly button-mashed through Dawn *shudder* attempting to teach me how to catch Pokemon.
* Fought all of the trainers and Pokemon along the way (a sensible habbit that I picked up and developed from watching Slowflake's LP's)
* Met Dawn *shudder* and Looker in Jubilife City
* Got the Poketech from the random man who wouldn't let me pass otherwise, for whatever reason
* Went North of Jubilife and caught myself a Budew
* Trained Budew up a little, and kicked my Rival's ass on Route 203, along with all the other rainers and wild Pokemon
* Went through Orborough Gate, where a random Hiker randomly gave me HM 06 Rock Smash, and eventually reached the city itself, whilst training Budew with Piplup's assisstance
* Meet Roark in the Mine and he went back to his Gym
* Went to the Gym and 1HKO'ed the lackies
* Battled Roark:
* Lead with Budew, who 1HKO'ed his Geodude thanks to Mega Drain
* He sent out Onix. Used the same tactic, but Onix somehow managed to survive.
* He inevitably healed the Pokemon with a Potion, which didn't heal it to full health
* Used Mega Drain again. Of course, this time, Budew managed to kill the Onix with an unneeded critical hit.
* Sent out Cranidos. Mega Drain took it down to half health
* Cranidos killed Budew with a Headbutt
* Sent out Piplup, and she managed to avenge her fallen conrade with a Bubble. As a bonus, she evolved into Prinplup
* Roark grugingly gave me my first badge, as well as TM 76 Stealth Rock
* Made my way back to Jubilife where I saw Looker again, as well as Dawn *shudder* and Professor Rowan, who gave me my daily dose of laughter by fiercly burning the Team Galactic Grunts.
* Did a double battle against them - along with Dawn *doubleshudder*. We won, of course.
* After the grunts ran away, caught myself a Bidoof as a HM Slave, and taught it Rock Smash
* Went North again, and got through Ravaged Path with ease
* Beat the rest of the trainers and saved at the entrence to Floroma Town.
My Team thus far:
Nature: Hasty (Decreased Defence/Increased Speed
Personality: Likes to fight (Increased Attack)
Ability: Poison Point
Stats - HP: 42 Attack: 20
Defence: 18 Special Attack: 26
Special Defence: 28 Speed: 30
Moves - Absorb Growth
Mega Drain Stun Spore
Nature: Gentle (Decreased Defence/Increased Special Defence)
Personality: Sturdy Body (Increased Defence)
Stats - HP: 53 Attack: 32
Defence: 29 Special Attack: 35
Special Defence: 35 Speed: 25
Moves - Pound Metal Claw