4th Generation Travel Journal
View Single Post
July 31st, 2011 (01:51 PM).
Join Date: Feb 2007
Restarted my old game and picked Piplup as my starter. I've never picked the Pokemon before, one reason being the Anime, and the other being my general dislike for Water-type Starters, as Water is the most common type around. As a sign of respect, the game gave me a female without me having to restart.
* Beat my rival
* Got the Running Shoes
* Saw Cyrus at Lake Verity/Valor (one of the two)
* Fruitlessly button-mashed through Dawn *shudder* attempting to teach me how to catch Pokemon.
* Fought all of the trainers and Pokemon along the way (a sensible habbit that I picked up and developed from watching Slowflake's LP's)
* Met Dawn *shudder* and Looker in Jubilife City
* Got the Poketech from the random man who wouldn't let me pass otherwise, for whatever reason
* Went North of Jubilife and caught myself a Budew
* Trained Budew up a little, and kicked my Rival's ass on Route 203, along with all the other rainers and wild Pokemon
* Went through Orborough Gate, where a random Hiker randomly gave me HM 06 Rock Smash, and eventually reached the city itself, whilst training Budew with Piplup's assisstance
* Meet Roark in the Mine and he went back to his Gym
* Went to the Gym and 1HKO'ed the lackies
* Battled Roark:
* Lead with Budew, who 1HKO'ed his Geodude thanks to Mega Drain
* He sent out Onix. Used the same tactic, but Onix somehow managed to survive.
* He inevitably healed the Pokemon with a Potion, which didn't heal it to full health
* Used Mega Drain again. Of course, this time, Budew managed to kill the Onix with an unneeded critical hit.
* Sent out Cranidos. Mega Drain took it down to half health
* Cranidos killed Budew with a Headbutt
* Sent out Piplup, and she managed to avenge her fallen conrade with a Bubble. As a bonus, she evolved into Prinplup
* Roark grugingly gave me my first badge, as well as TM 76 Stealth Rock
* Made my way back to Jubilife where I saw Looker again, as well as Dawn *shudder* and Professor Rowan, who gave me my daily dose of laughter by fiercly burning the Team Galactic Grunts.
* Did a double battle against them - along with Dawn *doubleshudder*. We won, of course.
* After the grunts ran away, caught myself a Bidoof as a HM Slave, and taught it Rock Smash
* Went North again, and got through Ravaged Path with ease
* Beat the rest of the trainers and saved at the entrence to Floroma Town.
My Team thus far:
Nature: Hasty (Decreased Defence/Increased Speed
Personality: Likes to fight (Increased Attack)
Ability: Poison Point
Stats - HP: 42 Attack: 20
Defence: 18 Special Attack: 26
Special Defence: 28 Speed: 30
Moves - Absorb Growth
Mega Drain Stun Spore
Nature: Gentle (Decreased Defence/Increased Special Defence)
Personality: Sturdy Body (Increased Defence)
Stats - HP: 53 Attack: 32
Defence: 29 Special Attack: 35
Special Defence: 35 Speed: 25
Moves - Pound Metal Claw
* Kanto: 8/8 Badges + Champion Defeated (Completed)
* Johto: 2/16 Badges
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jammi567
Find all posts by jammi567
Find threads started by jammi567
Ignore Posts by jammi567