View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
The first question, I was like wow, there's NO WAY I'd be able to get that answer, and by the time I got it, the session would end.

The last question pretty much summed up the fact that JKR deliberately led all the "elitist" hard-core fans in easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I feel that the beta period accounts should be reserved for those who have been with the Harry Potter world through thick and thin; not just who watched the movies, but those who actually read the books. I realize that for some, the movies were an important part of their lives, but if you compare it to someone who has read the books and has re-read them, you really don't get the same level of dedication and the one who hasn't picked up the book has little room to speak whilst watching the movies and speaking of the world in criticism as a whole. At least that's how I feel.
Agreed. It should've been more of a challenge, like the first question. I thought that's how it would go, but the results looked very lenient.

Quote:
But I remember when I went to the midnight premier, there were people I knew from high school in the theaters who were clearly only there because it was the in-thing that night and up until then didn't show the slightest interest in Harry Potter. I bet some of them haven't even read the book. They all got up and left as soon as the movie ended, where - what I felt was the real fans - stayed behind and left slowly after the credits, unable to admit that it was over. And I can't help but remember myself thinking that they were just wasting a space for someone who actually wanted to come to the premiere - someone that cared deeply about Harry Potter. Things like that really irk me, when people who don't care about something are given the opportunity to take something away from someone who are die hard fans.
I dislike those kinds of groups. They're pretty much the folks who live on movies, the big-time ones, and the ones that will be Oscar-worthy or just make a lot of money. And they're excuses for date nights. I would never consider a Potter movie to be a date night. Unless she was a hard-core fan like I am. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning
I'm sort of hoping that the admittance emails won't go out in order of sign-up days but slightly randomized with a slant on the people who DID check off ever box. :xp
I'm more anxious on how the Sorting will go. If it ends up too crazy I dunno how I'll live with myself if I'm in Slytherin or Hufflepuff.