• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

My Pokemon Ranch: The Underdogs [OOC]

King!

better
Years
This is the OOC (Out Of Character) thread for....

My Pokemon Ranch: The Underdogs
SU's are OPEN [7/8 spots taken]
Found here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254514

Welcome to our OOC thread! This is where I will keep detailed information on all of the characters, locations, missions, and other information for the RP. It is also a place where, from now on, you can go to talk about anything that has to do with the RP. YAY NO MORE SPAMMING THE MAIN THREAD! So feel free to chat it up in here, just don't spam the place. :3 So here's what we have so far....

Mechanics

Pokemon -
Spoiler:

Training -
Spoiler:

Researching/Quests -
Spoiler:

Breeding -
Spoiler:

Characters
~Egg Holders~

Egg 0 [A shiny purple color] - Taken by Cynthia Olett

Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 1 [A shiny light green color] - Taken by Cameron Moore

Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 2 [A shiny orange color] - Taken by Arcaray as Jaclyn 'Jae' Witton
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 3 [A shiny red color] - Taken by Fearless Love as Cheyenne Sharp
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 4 [A shiny tan color] - Taken by Richard Derringer
Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 5 [A shiny indigo color] - Taken by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear as Valentine Curamos
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 7 [A shiny blue grey color] - Taken by Lucy Beaumonte
Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 8 [A shiny grey color] - Taken by Damian Stillman
Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 9 [A shiny misty-grey color] - Taken by Diana Hearth
Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 10 [A shiny dark green color] - Taken by Snow Phoenix as Joshua Fikes
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 11 [A shiny black color] - Taken by XxSweetDreamsxX as Alice Stone
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 12 [A shiny brown color] - Taken by miley810 as Adriene Casscade
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 13 [A shiny blue color] - Open!

Egg 14 [A shiny pink color] - Taken by Sylvia Moore
Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 15 [A shiny yellow color] - Taken by Dominic Vulcannon
Character:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Egg 16 [A shiny light blue color] - Taken by DarkAngel91 as Jewl Starr
Character:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

~Other Characters~
Ranch Leader Derek
Character:
Spoiler:

Locations

Richmount Academy -
Spoiler:

The Tripon Region -
Spoiler:

Prepon -
Spoiler:

Midpon -
Spoiler:

Sunnyside Ranch -
Spoiler:

The Field -
Spoiler:

The Gardens -
Spoiler:

Lake Sunnyside -
Spoiler:

The Forest -
Spoiler:

Missions
[Finished missions are in bold, finished chapters are underlined]​

*Chapter 1: The Arrival

Spoiler:

*Chapter 2: The Rancher Games

Spoiler:

*Chapter 3: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 4: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 5: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 6: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 7: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 8: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 9: ???
Spoiler:

*Chapter 10: ???

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
SPAMMITY SPAM! SPAMMITY SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM~

Finally! I love this <3
Now I can't wait for the next mission.

So, how exactly are we supposed to interact with the NPCs here? Are they bunny-able?

Also:
HYDRO PUMP!
It kind of makes sense because it cries all the freaking time.

King!

better
Years
NO SPAM, MISTER. *drops to ground* ;)

Er, NPC's ARE bunnyable, but keep in mind their personality. And you may only bunny them if I give you permission, like on a mission. You can mention them and stuff in your posts, but nothing serious unless I say. Which I will. Soon. :P

:3

King!

better
Years
The OP here has been updated with a list of CHapters and Missions, so you can all see what is to come! n______n Questions, thoughts, conerns, etc? xD

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Beat Up and no fire moves? Ah what a jip.

I guess Jae will still be using her lighter for a while, huh?

Great OOC, King! And damn you for giving Val a water-type move! Good thing we're buddies, right? ;)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Oh now you're just teasing me with the next mission coming up.

We're buddies, Arcaray. :3
Valentine, on the other hand, it going insane. So keep your distance.

King!

better
Years
xDDDDDDD Arcaray, I think you'll find Beat Up very useful in the future. ;) I've always really liked that move for some reason, idk why. o.o SO YOU'RE LUCKY <3

Yes, Kiyoshi, I am teasing you. >:) But the mission will be up. Soon. Like, now soon. x_______x Maybe.

SweetDreams, I would love some ice cream. :D But you can get a rival soon, if you'd like. Don't worry, it should work out nicely!

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
MEH. I'm in a bit of slump. Here's the SU... not really proud of it :/ It would have been fine if you'd just let me RP as a girl like I wanted to.

Name: Joshua Fikes (May go by Josh)

Appearance: Joshua is a sheepish character with a just as equally sheepish appearance. He stands at a modest height of 5'4" with a petite and muscle free frame. His black hair is medium length and unkempt so that a lock consistently falls over his left eye. Joshua's eyes are black like his hair and his skin contains the average amount of pimples that are typical for his age.
For his attire, Joshua prefers to sport a modest look because it would be awkward for him to attract attention. He simply wears a white shirt and black pants with no particular style. For shoes, Joshua wears sneakers because they are comfortable and can tote him around. He wears no additional accessories, but carries a pack around with the necessary first-aid gear and snacks incase something uneventful occurs.

Personality: At first glance Joshua is one of those stuck up brainy kids. He can lecture endlessly on the many Pokemon and keeps away from people. In reality, however, he isn't that smart or stuck up. His knowledge doesn't extend that far past Pokemon and people just scare him. After a few years of being picked on in the orphanage, he's come to have a great distrust of people.

On a more personal level, Joshua is tactical and lost in his thoughts. He often plans his moves and words in his head, but often forgets to act on them. When it comes to the heart, he is well-protected. He avoids people and covers up his flaws with a barrier of Pokemon knowledge. Joshua secretly wishes to make friends and to drop his guard, but doesn't feel like he can afford to trust humans.

History: Joshua is the illegitimate child of a wealthy business man and his house maid. When his wife began catching on, Joshua's father sent him and the maid to a private vacation home. She raised him for a good four years until his father hit a bankruptcy and could no longer support them. To save both Joshua and herself, the maid sent him to an orphanage where the remainder of his life before entering the school would be spent.

Joshua never got along with any of the kids in the orphanage. He was often teased and bullied which shaped most of his personality. A few of the staff noticed Joshua's torment and so with the help of the academy, they devised a plan to take him to a better place. At the academy, he did much better. Nonetheless, he had become too reclusive and buried himself in the study of Pokemon rather than humans. While his grades and behavior were excellent in the Pokemon-related classes, he ended up at the bottom in just about everything else. The ranch "experience" was recommended by one of his social studies teachers.

Main Goal/Interest: Pokemon Doctor

Egg Number: 10

RP Sample: A tree. A bush. Ooo, two bushes. A stream?

Justin was curiously examining his surroundings for anything with shape. The flatness and the grass disturbed him. It almost felt unnatural. His eyes ran up the stream, eager to escape the flatness. He became fixed on the many curves of the river.

Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Girl. Down... Up... Girl?!

His eyes returned to the girl. Yes, it was indeed a human girl. He looked her over. She sure was pretty, but then again Justin was at the age when most males rediscovered girls. His heart thumped (or at least he convinced himself that it did), his cheeks reddened slightly, and his body warmed up.

"How are you doing?" he mouthed out. A hand clawed out to her despite the obvious distance and he found himself waving awkwardly. I hope she comes over here. I really hope that she does.

Spoiler:

Justin clutched where she had kicked him. Tears swelled in his eyes. He looked up and stared at her."M-m-meanie!" He flapped his arms wildly for a while before completely understanding what she had said. He paused in thought.

She doesn't know? I don't know? Neither of us knows? Then does that mean that we're lost or in danger or something? He glanced around, looking for anything that might be familiar. His eyes wandered up and down the river and then, after turning around, all across the plains. There really wasn't anything familiar at all. He turned back to face her. Tears began swelling again. He sniffed obnoxiously, hoping that it'd stop the tears from falling. He was a man so he needed to be tough even if he hadn't really ever been on his own like this except when he was leaving home to catch the bus. He suddenly regretted having to need to go to school.

But, still Justin couldn't help but be afraid of this woman (he dubbed her that sometime after the kick). She was terrifying and mean. He opened his mouth to speak, but hesitated. At last the words squeaked out of his mouth. "You don't know?"

Please don't kick me.

King!

better
Years
good, you shouldn't be. ;) SHHHH WE AREN'T TELLING PEOPLE THAT REMEMBER?

Nonetheless, you're accepted. Since you're egg is green I can just stick with this font. ^_^ Your Pokemon will be edited into the OP soon!

@EVERYONE - THIS IS IMPORTANT! IF YOU HAVE ALREADY CAPTURED/MET A POKEMON PRIOR TO YOUR EGG HATCHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE POKEMON'S SPECIES AND NICKNAME SO I CAN ADD IT TO YOUR PROFILE! THANK YOU!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Yay! Wintry Flaming Bird Person is finally with us! :D

And to answer your question King, the only thing you should keep in mind is the Black-Eyed Wurmple still crawling around in the boys' cabin. It isn't Valentine's (possibly yet) so it doesn't have a name, but just keep it in mind.

King!

better
Years
rofl. Everyone - Mission 4 is finally up! I know my missions are always kind of confusing, so feel free to ask any questions here! And the location section will be updated soon!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
~ Credits ~
I'd like to thank and give credit to The Spriter's Resource and it's contributors for the materials I used to make my custom mugshot avatar. I'd also like to thank Serebii.net for the Pokemon X/Y ripped icons I'm using in my signature, and ezimba for making the image's background transparent.​

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
Lol thanks Kiyoshi. <3

But yeah everyone, I've updated the OOC first post with both a MECHANICS SECTION and an updated LOCATION SECTION. Use those to your advantage before creating your posts!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Once a thread has been inactive for a month, reviving by members is not allowed.

This thread can be revived within two months by the game master.

Back