Thread: [Pokémon] Pokémon - Legends of Kanto
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2011 (9:43 PM). Edited August 7th, 2011 by Lashh.
Pokémon Trainer
Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by bigtukker:
Awesome! A Metapod. Please keep writing!
Thanks for reading! Anyways, here is the next chapter.

Just a little note before, I honestly haven't gotten much writing done past the first volume of this story, but I still plan on continuing. Here is Chapter 9 for everyone.

Chapter 9

Red, Charmander, Nidoran, and Spearow all gave battle cries as they charged for the Beedrill, who were also heading in their direction. Spearow was the first to attack, attempting to strike a Beedrill with a fury attack, but the bee Pokemon retaliated with the same attack. It was almost like they were sword fighting, beak to stinger, blow for blow. At least three or four Beedrill advanced for Charmander and Nidoran, who decided to keep their distance with long range attacks poison sting and ember. The bee Pokemon moved away from each other to create an opening for the attacks to go through and miss. Red stood back, frustrated.

“Charmander, just keep using Ember! Nidoran, same goes for you with Poison Sting!” Red commanded as he tried to keep his eyes on all his Pokemon at once. He then yelled “Watch out, Spearow!” in a worried tone as he watched another Beedrill advance for it.

Spearow was already busy fighting, so it didn’t notice the second Beedrill coming for it, which proceeded to strike the bird with the sharp stinger on its abdomen. Both bee Pokemon then attacked Spearow with the fury of their stingers, and Red watched in horror as the bird descended to the ground. It was completely unconscious as it laid on the ground, defeated by the double team. Red gasped as the two Beedrill decided to join the fight against Charmander and Nidoran, who were already outnumbered. Metapod could only watch as her saviors valiantly fought, wishing she could do something.

Nidoran and Charmander were still carrying out the only order they were given, so it was hard for the Beedrill to find a path to charge at them. Charmander even managed to get a lucky blow on one, with his ember attack severely scorching and defeating one. However, that was just only Beedrill out of the entire mass they had to fight off; Nidoran and Charmander began to show signs of tiring, with their attacks slowing in their consistency. Soon, the Beedrill found that gap and charged in for an attack. Nidoran attempted to jump forward with a scratch attack, as did Charmander.

The fire type managed to land a strike, but Red watched in horror as both Pokemon were quickly and continuously jabbed with the Beedrill’s sharp stingers. Just like that, all three of his Pokemon were defeated. When it appeared one of the Beedrill was going to strike Charmander again, Red mindlessly charged towards the Pokemon with no second thought about the danger he was putting himself in. Red had now joined this fight, and he began to swing his fists around wildly as hard as he could. He managed to land a couple blows on the Beedrill, and a few began to back away from him in fear of being hit.

One of the Beedrill then struck him in the torso with its sharp stinger. While it hadn’t cut through his shirt, the hard blow still knocked the wind out of him, and he fell to his knees in pain. Charmander caught a glimpse of this with his eyes barely open. He slowly stood up and growled loudly as one of the Beedrill readied itself to strike the trainer once more. His body was glowing with a red energy, and the fire on his tail was burning more vigorously. This was his natural ability, Blaze activating. A violent, wild look came into his eyes, and he charged for the Beedrill.

The bug Pokemon turned away from Red and buzzed for the Charmander they thought they defeated. Charmander was outnumbered by at least five or six Pokemon, but he still fought with all he had. He released an ember attack from his mouth, only this time the fire balls were larger in size, no doubt a side effect from Blaze. Red winced in pain, but slightly smiled when he saw that Charmander’s attack managed to hit two of he Beedrill, completely scorching and defeating them. There was a new hope for victory in his eyes as Charmander released more and more fire balls from his mouth.

However, this new hope was quickly dashed, as some of the Beedrill barely managed to dodge Charmander’s attack. Two struck him at the same time with their sharp stingers, and one even managed to puncture him a little bit, causing a small drop of blood to trickle down his body. He laid on the ground, defeated. Red smashed his fist at the ground as his eyes began to well with tears, he had been defeated. Metapod also seemed to be crying as one of the Beedrill slowly approached her trainer.

Red was disappointed in himself that there was nothing he could do, and looked down to the ground. As the Beedrill prepared the final blow to Red, Metapod loudly yelled out and gained the attention of all the bee Pokemon and her trainer. Her shell then began to crack, revealing a glowing white energy inside. This energy left the now empty shell, rose into the air and changed into the form of Butterfree. As the light disappeared, the look in Butterfree’s eyes was pure with anger as she laid them upon the Beedrill. This sudden evolution caught Red by surprise, but he had hope for victory again. All the Beedrill then charged for Butterfree.

<Darn it, I can’t scan her, I don’t know what her attacks are…> Red through to himself as he began to remember his battle with Clint the day before. <Guess I’ll just have to wing it…>

“Butterfree, use a Gust attack!”

Butterfree nodded and flapped her wings as quickly as she could. The strong currents of wind knocked a few of the Beedrill off their course and onto the ground. They got back up and charged again, so Red ordered a sleep powder from his Pokemon, in hopes that the Butterfree knew the attack he was commanding. To his joy, she did. She flew high in the air and began to release the shining blue powder. All the Beedrill passed through the powder and fell to the ground right after, falling asleep no matter how hard they fought for consciousness. Butterfree approached her trainer, and they were now safe.

Red looked at Butterfree with his eyes reflecting the moons bright light. Butterfree had gained complete trust in her trainer, since he risked to much to get her back. She was too appreciative for being in her final form. Red smiled as he praised Butterfree. “You did a good job, Butterfree. I’m proud of you!”

Butterfree nodded in excitement and giggled. Red then approached all three of his defeated Pokemon, not forgetting to praise them for their hard work in the battle against the Beedrill. His Pokemon could still hear him, being on the very edge of consciousness. He returned them to their safe places inside their Poke Balls, knowing that he wasn’t going to be able to call on any of them for a battle. He then looked up into the sky, which was black with the night.

“Let’s get out of here,” Red said as he turned to Butterfree, “we can’t stay here forever.”

A little later

Just when Red thought the forest was never going to end, he noticed that the thick trees of the forest began to thin out more into an opening. Then a sign came into his view, which read ‘You are now exiting the Viridian Forest, Pewter City up ahead‘. Red then looked up to Butterfree, who he had kept out of the Poke Ball, with his eyes gleaming. “Let’s go, the city is just ahead!”

Butterfree nodded and uttered a sound that would have translated to her saying Right. She then followed her trainer as he sprinted in the direction of the city. Pewter City appeared to be very similar to Viridian City with many buildings, streets and houses, it was smaller in comparison. It didn’t take Red long to find the building he recognized as the Pokemon Center. He seemed to have a pattern now of showing up to one at odd hours, but nevertheless he ran towards the building and rushed inside.

The Next Day

Red woke up in the confines of a Pokemon Center room surprisingly early for how late he stayed out the night before. Still, he woke up without an ounce of tiredness in his eyes. He was glad that he got to comfortably rest on a soft bed, easily preferring it over the hard, forest ground. He picked up the Poke Ball which contained Butterfree off the dresser. Charmander, Nidoran, and Spearow were receiving much needed treatment and care inside another section of the Pokemon Center. He dressed into his journey attire and proceeded out of the room to go to the front desk.

“Excuse me, Nurse?” Red said to capture the woman’s attention, who was behind the desk. She was identical to the Nurse he encountered in Viridian City, the only thing that differed was her eye color. “How long is it going to take for my Pokemon to heal?” Red inquisitively asked.

Nurse Joy paused for a moment looked at the information on the papers in the clipboard she held in her hands before answering the boy’s question, “I’m afraid your Pokemon are going to have to stay at least until the evening. They received some pretty bad injuries, and they need the time to rest up and heal.” Nurse Joy took note of the disappointed look Red’s face at her words, so she said “But you have no need to worry, your Pokemon are safe in here and they will be ready and healthy later on!” with a smile on her face, in hopes of cheering the boy up.

Red smiled as he sincerely said, “Thank you, Nurse Joy.”

“Not a problem.” Her smile stayed on her face as she nodded.

The moment was cut short when a girl interrupted them with a question for Nurse Joy, “Excuse me Nurse Joy, is my Pokemon okay?”

Red turned around and smiled as soon as he laid eyes upon the girl. It was Green, much to his surprise. A smile spread across her face as she recognized Red.

“Reddd!” She excitedly exclaimed as she rushed towards him and gave him a hug.

Red blushed at the girls random display of affection, but at the same time he wasn’t complaining. He spoke up when their embrace ended. “Green, so I see you made it through Viridian Forest! So what are you doing in Pewter?” He asked with a smile, which Green returned.

“Oh, I’m just here to challenge this towns gym leader, and I’m here to get my Pokemon.” Green then refocused her attention on Nurse Joy with her ocean blue eyes sparking with her question, “Is he okay yet?”

“Oh yes, your Bulbasaur is doing just fine!” Nurse Joy happily said as the door behind her opened with a Chansey carrying a Poke Ball tray with one sphere on it.

Red’s eyes lit up at the name Bulbasaur, and immediately his thoughts began to spiral. <Where did she get a Bulbasaur? Could she have been the one that stole it?> He thought as he silently watched Nurse Joy hand Green the Poke Ball. <Guess I better ask her, I don’t wanna accuse.>.

“Thank you Nurse Joy!” Green exclaimed as she stared at the sphere she held in her hands.

“Hey Green,” Red captured her attention, “just for curiosity, where did you get that Bulbasaur?”

Red’s inquisitive words bared a tone that hinted he might know more than Green wanted him to. A worried look overtook Green’s eyes as her heart began to race. She bit her lip before blurting out the first thing that came to her mind, knowing silence would make Red grow suspicious. “Uh, I managed to capture a wild one in the forest.” Her lying words were nervously put together and sounded like a train wreck. “I gotta go.” She said before Red could say anything more, and rushed out the front door of the Pokemon Center.

Red and Nurse Joy watched as Green ran out, and the woman commented “That was weird.” which Red silently replied with a nod, as he now held his chin in deep thought. <That was really suspicious of her, I didn’t even see any Bulbasaur in the Viridian Forest…> Red’s thoughts circulated every situation he possibly could, and only wound up on his previous suspicion that the Bulbasaur thief was Green, she who almost made it impossible for Barclay to set out on his journey. Without a word, Red rushed out of the Pokemon Center to go look for Green.

<Darn it, that was a close one…> Green thought as she traversed the streets of Pewter City, walking at a fast pace. <I think he actually started to suspect that I stole Bulbasaur.> She held the Poke Ball in her hands as she stared at it. <I really hope he doesn’t figure out, I don’t wanna get this Pokemon taken away…>

Red ran through the Pewter City streets and described Green to almost every person he ran into, asking if they had seen her. He managed to find a lead and proceeded to run in the direction the man pointed him to. He couldn’t shake the indefinite possibility that Green was the Bulbasaur thief, and he didn’t know what to feel of this thought between shock and anger. Red quietly approached the girl from behind and grabbed her shoulder when she was within reach. She was shocked.

“What are you doing Red? Let me go!” Green demanded as she smacked his hand away.

The words that poured out of Red‘s mouth were the exact ones the girl feared to hear. “Look Green, I know you’re the Bulbasaur thief, it’s not that hard to figure out!”

“Well, I guess you caught me…” Green said as she knew she couldn’t deny the truth. She then confidently smiled and asked Red, “What are you gonna do about it?” in almost a teasing tone.

“I’m gonna make you return that Pokemon, because of you, Barclay almost didn’t get to go on his journey!” Red angrily shouted as he held Butterfree’s Poke Ball.

Green laid her eyes upon the Poke Ball and then smiled devilishly. “You’re gonna have to battle me for it, then! If you win, you can take it back. If I win, I can keep it!” She implied as she thought <It can’t be that hard to defeat him, he looks weak.> in the back of her head.

Red and Green stepped a few feet away from each other and threw their Poke Ball’s out onto the designated battlefield. Red released the only Pokemon he had on him, Butterfree, who was pumped and ready for battle. The boy was expecting Green to release Bulbasaur, but she instead released a Pokemon he was all to familiar with, Beedrill. He detested the buzzing sound the Pokemon made as it floated in the air. The Pokemon mirrored each other with their glaring red eyes as they awaited command from their trainers.

“If you don’t mind, ladies first. Beedrill, power up with Focus Energy!”

“Butterfree, use Sleep Powder!”

The battle was on. Beedrill hovered in the air as it stiffened its body, which began to glow with a light white aura. Red was hoping to gain an early upper hand as Butterfree released the shining blue powder from her wings, but Beedrill dodged the attack with ease. Green then commanded a twin needle attack from her Pokemon, which charged for Butterfree with both its stingers pointed outwards. The bee Pokemon managed to strike its opponent, with its attack seeming empowered by focus energy. Butterfree began to descend to the ground, but quickly regained her balance.

“Butterfree, use a Confusion attack!”

“Beedrill, dodge and use Fury Attack!”

Both trainers issued their commands and the battle continued. The fast Beedrill rushed towards its opponent and readied itself to strike Butterfree with one of its sharp stingers. Butterfree’s antenna glowed and charged with a light purple energy. She then shot out a bolt of energy towards Beedrill, but the bee Pokemon managed to dodge. She tried the attack twice more, but to no avail. The bee Pokemon struck her continuously with both its stingers. Butterfree squealed with pain and clenched her eyes shut.

<Haha, I knew this was going to be easy!> Green thought to herself as she smiled and crossed her arms.

“Don’t give up Butterfree, I know we can win this!” Red exclaimed before pausing for a moment to think up of his battle strategy. “Butterfree, use a Gust attack!”

Butterfree opened her raging eyes after hearing Red’s encouragement and command. She pushed her entire body backwards and flapped her wings at a high speed, creating strong gusts of wind that pushed away Beedrill before it was able to attack again. Angered by this, Green ordered another Fury Attack. She was starting to lose her cool.

“Butterfree, use Confusion!”

Butterfree successfully zapped Beedrill with the light purple energy, stopping it in its tracks. After her attack ceased, the bee Pokemon curiously examined its surroundings and aimlessly flew around, not knowing what to do or what was what. “Beedrill, what are you doing? Get back to the battle!” Was all Green could angrily exclaim as she watched Butterfree charge at the confused Beedrill at full speed, ramming it with her entire body force. After the attack, Beedrill shook its head back and forth real quick and came to its senses. “Beedrill, use Fury Attack again!” Green commanded as she pointed at Butterfree.

“Butterfree, use another Gust attack, blow it away!”

Butterfree formed even more powerful gusts of winds by quickly flapping its wings, and this time Beedrill wasn’t able to do anything. It wasn’t even able to stay up in the air, being quickly knocked down to the ground. Green gasped as her Pokemon hit the ground and slowly got back up to its feet.

“This is our chance, Sleep Powder!”

Red issued his command before Green could even begin to utter hers. Butterfree once more released a shining blue powder that descended to Beedrill, only this time the attack was successful. Try as it might, Beedrill was unable to fight the forced sleep. Butterfree descended to her trainers level as Green ordered her Pokemon to get up, but it simply laid on the ground asleep. Red approached the girl with a serious look in his eyes.

“I believe that’s a victory for me and Butterfree.” Red said as Butterfree began to dance around in the air, excited in victory. “I believe you have to give back that Pokemon now.” The tone in his voice was commanding and serious.

Green’s face nervously flushed a rosy red as she returned the sleeping Beedrill to its Poke Ball. She thought victory was within her hands, but Red and Butterfree’s teamwork proved otherwise. “Right…” She quietly uttered as she approached the opposing trainer.

But what Red received from the girl surprised him. Instead of giving him Bulbasaur’s Poke Ball like she promised, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and ran away as fast as she could, giggling. Red was so stunned still that he didn’t chase after her. His face was blushing redder than his hat. When he managed to gather his thoughts, he signaled Butterfree to follow him. The blush still remained Red’s face as he walked away from the scene with his hands jammed in his pockets.

yeah yeah I know, majorly influenced by the anime, but I still like how my take on the idea worked out.

Credit for the theme goes to Hybrid Trainer

anyways, check out my fanfic, Legends of Kanto
first volume completed, chapter releases on the way!