View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Fairy

Hello!

I would like to apologize. I'm sorry this thread went so far down the list without any comments. :(

So, this is a 4th Gen team, right? Well, before I get into rating your Pokemon, I'd like to touch base with you on a few things. First of all, all of your Pokemon (including Gardevoir), save Metagross (and Gengar), are UU (underused). Which is absolutely fine, but you'd have to get rid of Metagross to play in it, because Metagross actually falls into the OU (overused) tier, which is standard play. If you want a little more help in identifying what tiers are look here. Second, your team is very weak to Water. So Rotom-W, Gyarados, Swampert, and the likes are going to wipe out half your team with minimal effort. You might want to look into getting a Pokemon that resists it. Also, anything that's a Fighting type is going to give your team a hard time as the only thing that resists Fighting is Heracross. I would say that Conkeldurr is a threat, but again, I'm not really sure if this is a 4th or 5th Gen team. On a good note, you do have some very nice resistances to Poison, Bug, Rock, Dark, and Ice.. just to name a few. So, well done! :) Oh, and we need the EVs of your Pokemon. If you don't know what EVs are, you can read about them here.

Now, I would love to go on to rate your Pokemon individually, but without certain information it's, more or less, impossible. Your Bastiodon, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinamthi View Post
Bastiodon-
Nature-Bashful
Ability-Sturdy

Moves
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt
-Iron Head
-Iron Defense

Iron Defense= Evil defense stat
Earthquake destroys opponent after bad attempt to kill me
Bastiodon is a UU Pokemon, which is okay, *if* you want to play in UU. If you want to play in OU, than I would recommend replacing Bastiodon with Heatran. Heatran can do everything that Bastiondon can do, but better. Bastiodon's typing is sub-par at best, its movepool is mediocre, and it's stats, save defenses, are rubbish. To be blunt, Heatran just has more going for it. (Mind you, I stated previously that you have a weakness to Water/Fighting. Heatran will not help with that. At all.)

Heatran @ Air Balloon (Air Balloon is a 5th gen item, if not this, than Leftovers.)
Flash Fire
252 HP / 252 Sp.Attack / 4 Sp.Defense
Quiet [+Sp.Attack; -Speed] / Modest [+Sp.Attack; -Speed]
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Ice]

This would probably be a good set for you as it will give you entry hazard support, something your team currently lacks. But, this brings me to a rather unfortunate part of this rate. You have some serious problems with your Pokemon that desperately need fixing if you ever want to survive in a competitive environment. Thunder Bolt..? On Bastiodon? I'm sorry, but that's just no good. Bastiodon has a lot more in its arsenal than that. I understand that Thunder Bolt sounds good for coverage, but in reality, Bastiodon can not use it with its dismal Special Attack. Now, a standard Bastiodon set could look like this: Iron Head / Toxic or Stone Edge or Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Taunt or Roar, a Careful [+Sp.Defense; -Sp.Attack] nature, 252 HP / 248 Sp.Defense / 8 Attack, and Leftovers. As you can see, this set is very similar to Heatran. Therefore, Heatran is the superior choice. Again, this all depends on what tier you want to play in.

All these things apply with your other Pokemon. Aggron shouldn't have Thunder, maybe Thunderwave, but not Thunder. It also shouldn't have a Brave nature as it doesn't bring out the best in Aggron. Now, I know very little about Aggron and his competitive value. And to me, even with the base 180 Defense, I see Aggron and I think, "Earthquake? Done." and "Focus Blast? Done". Its resistances just don't outweigh its inadequacies and in today's Metagame, Aggron just doesn't have the ability to witch in on a Choice equipped Physical Sweeper anymore. However, if you are dead set on using Aggron, the best I can recommend is: Substitute / Focus Punch / Stone Edge or Iron Head / Aqua Tail, 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP, Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack] nature and Leftovers. If you want help finding a good, OU replacement for Aggron, just let us know and we'll be more than happy to help you.

The same can be said for Metagross. And unfortunately, there is much to be said about your set also. Metagross fails at attacking with Special Attacks (at least, when left to its own devices). ;[ It really does. So, Psychic and Shadow Ball are completely lost upon Metagross. The same applies for your Metagross' nature. Metagross works best when you don't add or subtract from any Defensive stat. With the recommendations I will be giving you, an Adamant nature will be in order. That way, you'll be adding 10% to the stat you use the most, and subtracting from the stat you don't use at all. Metagross likes having: Bullet Punch / Earthquake / Pursuit or Trick / Meteor Mash, 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense, an Adamant nature, and a Choice Band. This way, Meteor Mash and Earthquake have near perfect coverage, Earthquake hitting the three types that resist Meteor Mash. Pursuit can get those Lati twins,and Bullet Punch can make up for Metagross' "okay" Speed.

Well, there are still a few problems with this team, so I'll come back and finish this up when I find the time. Definitely edit your team with Gengar and Gardevoir's sets and we'll work from there.

I hope this was a bit helpful.
fairy clubac:nl clubpokemon fae