View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

I'm trying to insert a tile going by a tutorial I found ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377 ) about inserting tilesets. The main problem I am having is setting the transparent colour. At the start it says: "Set your transparent color before anything. From experience, a palette chooses your transparent color based on the first color to actually be set in the image." I have tried this time and time again on paint and on photoshop and it simply does not work. The transparent colour always ends up being black on the color pallet viewer.

Now I searched the thread and one person pointed out that you can open the color pallet in photoshop and switch the colours around to set your transparent colour. But when I try it it's impossible to switch the colours around and changing them changes the colours in the actual image itself.

Not that any of that matters because when I save the pallet as a .pal file (advance map rejects .act files for some reason) and then view the pallet in there the transparent colour seems to be a completely random colour on the pallet. Not black and not the colour that I've chosen for the transparent colour.

I've been trying to find a solution for this for the past two hours and I'm at my wit's end, can anybody help?
* A working PvP battle system using stats and levels. * Activities and NPCs. * Journeys and catching wild pokemon. * Gym badge collection. * Alignments and classes. * Teams good and bad. * Much more...