View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Bass, Bass Everywhere!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mizan de la Plume Kuro
Quote:
I've been stuck for the past several days when it comes to writing. I knew exactly what to write, how I was going to write it, just how long it would take me... I just didn't have the energy to do it. Instead, what I did was read through random things on the Internet and slept.
I don't know what it is about me, but I have plenty of ideas and motivation when I'm walking around doing other things. But when I get to the computer, I suddenly lose all will to start writing. I'm starting to suspect the internet is the main reason I'm being so procrastinatory here because the one day which I lost my internet connection was the one day in which I was most productive. It's kind of sad, really. That pretty much covers why I don't enjoy starting to write because of the sheer willpower needed to conjure up enough effort to keep myself hammering away at the keyboard on a word-processor without getting distracted by Memebase or checking up on forums.

Besides that, it's the actual pre-writing processes which bug me. For instance, I sometimes realise that my characters are starting to become too flat for my liking or maybe the plot's gone haywire. Problem is, I can't bring myself to plan these things in advance because I hate planning. I would love to spontaneously write with a vague idea of where the story's heading and how its supposed to be written, but I can't seem to do that without throwing the story's aesthetics out the window. As in, the plot goes according to plan, but everything's haywire, so it pretty much sucks.

Quote:
Chapter titles I ignore whenever I can.
Recently, my chapter titles have had nothing to do with my story, or the chapter, whatsoever. ;P
his heart..." - Cutlerine
---

.F a n f i c t i o N.
The Promise I Made to You

SWC 2012 Second Place