View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
Animated .gifs don't make animated cursors. They have to be converted to .ani files. However, only Internet Explorer will support .ani files right now, I believe (not sure about Chrome). Conversely, Internet Explorer doesn't support .gif cursors. It only supports .cur and .ani.

ETA: As far as I can tell, Chrome does not support .ani files either.

I don't recommend it, but you'll need to find software that converts .gifs to .anis. I doubt you can upload .anis to standard image hosting sites, so you'll need to upload it to your own hosting as well.

You could try:

cursor: url('cursor.ani'), url('cursor.gif'), crosshair;

but I'm not sure if that will work. My theory is Firefox etc. will ignore the .ani and use the .gif, but it's only a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Okay, so I'm trying out a format for episode discussions, and I've done this so far.
That's how inheriting from parent elements works. The simplest solution would be to make a 50% transparent pixel and use it as a tiled background of the CSS box, as suggested. It can be done in CSS, but for now images are probably the easiest way to do it. (Remove the opacity tag.)

You might not have access to sufficient image editing software right now, so here's one:

http://i.imgur.com/4MDwa.png

Air Date: 13/08/2011

Don't ask about image choice >.> Just picked a random img off the page. It stretches, but I don't know the dimensions of the image you want to put in, so you'll have to adjust that yourself. ;)

あの交差点で皆がもしスキップをして もしあの町の真中でてを繋いで空を見上げたら

Last edited by Kylie-chan; August 14th, 2011 at 12:33 AM.