View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:01 PM
phinamthi
Steel Type Trainer

Nature: Modest
Whew! Boy, I have a lot of catching, breeding, hatching, leveling in my real B/W-D/P game.
Quote:

Hello! You've improved this team a lot, so I thought I'd help.

Note:
You didn't provide natures, abilities, or items.

Pokemon need items.

You're really so adamant about not replacing Aggron? It has 2 4x weaknesses and can't take adantage of Sturdy because it's so slow. I think
Aggron is a bad Pokemon, even for NU. No offense.

Thanks! And I left the items, natures, and abilities because I don't really have the time to list all of them. Sorry, but now that I do have time, maybe I will relist the PKMN at the end of this post.
Quote:
Also, Skarmory doesn't really support your team very well, considering the number of Steel-types you have.
I am a steel type fanatic. I know that Dragonite is WAAY stronger than Skarmory, but I used Skarmory anyway.
Quote:
You have a HUGE weakness to Ground, along with a fairly large one to Water, and STAB Fighting and Fire attacks aren't good for your team. So, basically, watch out for a team with both Infernape and Swampert/Gastrodon.
Sadly, but I already know my strengths and weaknesses. Maybe I can take Magmortar/Skarmory out for Dragonite-despite your great response for Magmortar. I would have used him, but I am greatly outnumbered by ground/fire/water, so I have no choice, but to replace Skarmory with Dragonite instead. Bye Skarmory.
Quote:
Also (and I'm sorry if this sounds rude), I thought you were hopeless when I saw your first post, but evidently you've made incredible strides. Good job!
It doesn't sound rude at all! :D This is the nicest sentence in my first couple months on PC I've ever heard! (Incredible strides caught my attention)
Quote:
Skarmory can do much better things than what you have going on. Maybe try:

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
Impish [+Defense; -Sp.Attack]
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird / Taunt

Skarmory works best as a physical wall, not a sweeper. And besides, Flash Cannon isn't exactly a good option considering you have an attack like Brave Bird at your disposal. It's a great STAB attack, it hits hard, it plays to Skarmory's strengths, and Skamory can heal off the recoil with ease. Drill Peck can also be used if you don't like the recoil damage, but personally, I like Brave Bird. Also, Skarmory likes having EVs in HP and Defense (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a specially defensive variation of Skarmory is viable because of its typing) simply because it can take more hits, better. Shed Shell is listed because of Magnezone, but Leftovers is probably the best and most conventional option. This is by far the most effective set for Skarmory. Layer the Spikes, which Skarmory can do with ease, heal off any damage taken with Roost, phaze set-up sweepers with Whirlwind and deal entry hazard damage to the entire team, then attack when needed. Done.

I hope this was a bit helpful! Good luck to you. Also, when you're team is done, be sure to check out Pokemon Online to test it out!
Thank you! But I'm not even sure if I'm using it at all. (I might sneak it into my team using you advice every once in awhile :D)

Relist of Current Team
^ = official member
X = unofficial member
s = substitution member
!!! = MUST REVISE
UNSURE MEMBER

^Metagross @ Leftovers
Clear Body
252 Atk / 152 Def / 100 Spd
Adamant
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Hammer arm

^Heracross @ Choice Band
Guts
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant
-Mega Horn
-Night Slash
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge

^Heatran @ Air Balloon
(I have no idea what this does, but I just know it's good from Alexia's post)
Flash Fire
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Taunt

^Gyrados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp. Def
Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge

^
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Multiscale
252 HP / 212 Spd / 44 Atk
Adamant
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

s Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
Impish
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

s Aggron @ Leftovers
Rock Head
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Joyful/Adamant
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Rock Polish
-Iron Tail/Aqua Tail
By the way... Thanks!

Last edited by phinamthi; August 17th, 2011 at 08:21 AM.