View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:30 AM
jab2033
Exit Light, Enter Night

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to jab2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
The one glaring weakness I see in this team is the huge fighting weakness. Pokemon like Terrakion can come in, set up and wreck this team apart. Sand and Rain absolutely destroys this team too, especially when they have Excadrill and Toxicroak, respectively. My only suggestion for now is to replace Gyarados with Gliscor as it seems to be randomly put there and the only thing I can see it do for your team is come in and set up on some fighting types. (Not Terrakion or Conkeldurr because they get Stone Edge) I also suggest Gyro Ball >>>>>>>>>>>> Payback on Forretress since Payback only hits Gengar and Chandelure hard. (Jellicent laughs with Will-O-Wisp.)

I'll come back later. This is still a pretty solid team especially being your first gen V team.
I'm not replacing Gyarados, as it's part of the team's core. And it's not random, as I use it to absorb Water, Ground, and Fighting moves aimed at Heatran. I do like Gyarados and do not wish to replace it. I do see how sand hurts this team, but 3 of my team are immune to sand damage. I don't see it being a huge problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Water + Ground leaves you walled by Grass Pokemon (and Shedinja to an extent). Use Stone Edge instead, since it provides good coverage alongside Waterfall, though it leaves you walled by Empoleon (who isn't seen much in Gen V OU anyway).
Heatran deals with Grass Pokemon pretty effectively, as does Hydreigon's Flamethrower, so I don't really see a problem with that. I think Virizion can also deal with Empoleon fairly effectively with a Super-Effective STAB Close Combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
Since you're using a bulky Gyarados set, why don't you opt for Bounce over Earthquake? You're not going to hit anything much with Earthquake, unlike Bounce, which can ruin Fighting-types that run amok in this metagame. Not to mention that chance of paralysis which can generally help your team. I've had experiences where Gyarados swept an entire team with just Bounce. You might be able to experience that too.

Also, on Forretress, why don't you consider using Gyro Ball over Payback? Like Spino said, you wouldn't want to stay in the field especially if your opponent can outspeed and can KO you.
I will consider Bounce on Gyarados, as someone else mentioned a fighting weakness.

Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight
Exit light, enter night
Take my hand
We're off to Never-Never Land