View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab2033 View Post
I'm not replacing Gyarados, as it's part of the team's core. And it's not random, as I use it to absorb Water, Ground, and Fighting moves aimed at Heatran. I do like Gyarados and do not wish to replace it. I do see how sand hurts this team, but 3 of my team are immune to sand damage. I don't see it being a huge problem.
But Gyarados does nothing for your team but absorb fighting type moves, which Gliscor does so much better. That said, it also counters Excadrill and Terrakion, probably your biggest weaknesses. You already cover Water and Ground type with Virizion and Hydreigon.
When I said you're weak to Sand, I meant Sandstorm teams. Sand Pokemon like Excadrill and Landorus can wreck this team apart, and Gyarados loses to both of them. The changes I'd make for this team are these:
C/P'd from Smogon...
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Fang / Facade
move 4: Taunt / Protect
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

This is the Gliscor set you want. It beats most fighting types, and all the ones that your team has trouble to. I recommend to use it instead of Gyarados.

With Gyarados gone, you won't need Rapid Spin anymore. I feel like Forretress won't help anymore but absorb Ice type moves, which Heatran does better.
I recommend Ferrothorn instead.
name: Standard
move 1: Spikes / Stealth Rock
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Gyro Ball / Protect / Thunder Wave
move 4: Power Whip / Protect
nature: Relaxed
item: Leftovers / Shed Shell
evs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
This guy and Gliscor are best buddies and form great synergy together. This guy is superior to Forretress in a lot of ways other than Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes. I personally prefer Gyro Ball and Power Whip >>> Protect and T-Wave. And since Swampert is also gonna be replaced, you can go with Stealth Rock >>> Spikes.

About Swampert, it seems like you used it only because it sets up Stealth Rock, when it forms no form of synergy with any of your Pokemon except Gyarados, who is gone now. Landorus is still a problem to this team if it has HP Ice, and Mamoswine can beat this team now. My only suggestion is to change your lead to one of my favorite anti-weather leads, Rotom-W.
name: Choice
move 1: Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Trick
item: Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
ability: Levitate
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
This guy is like the glue of this team. Beats Mamoswine, beats Landorus, beats Gliscor, beats Excadrill, etc. It takes all Ice and Fire moves aimed at this team. The Choice items is up to you, Scarf can outspeed some Landorus and OHKO with HP Ice (which is what you want.) Although personally, I prefer Specs if it's a lead.

This is what I think would make your team better. If you don't wanna take my suggestions, then good for you. But remember, this is a Rate My Team thread, so you should expect changes you wouldn't want.