Thread: [Gen V] Rate My First Team? ^_^
View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011 (01:12 AM).

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Scrafty: I'd use Ice Punch (for coverage against Gliscor and Landorus), Taunt (to ease set up) or Hi Jump Kick (for a high BP STAB, since Scrafty's STABs are nearly unresisted)
I won't touch Hi Jump Kick; I'm so scared of that 10% miss consequence--destroyed me in many battles just in-game. I tried the Kick + Wide Lens combo, but even then Detect, Protect, etc. ruined me. I think I'll go with Ice Punch. Thanks!

Quote:
I'd use Curse or an entry hazard (Spikes or Stealth Rock) over Iron Head on Ferrothorn
I heart my STAB. Would replacing Gyro Ball for Spikes be sufficient? The lack of STAB and low PP for Gyro always bothered me.

Quote:
Since you have no Swift Swimmers other than Ludicolo itself (and Ludicolo in OU is rather meh), how about Politoed?
I was also recommended on turning Ludicolo into a SubSeeder (newly learned competitive lingo for the win!). How about replacing Zebstrika (who twice now I've been informed just plain sucks) for Politoed, and giving Ludicolo the Rain Dish ability + Leech Seed and Substitute?

Quote:
Gliscor could be a bit bulkier, and your current set is a bit gimmicky at best:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Taunt/Protect
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Love the ability + item combo--didn't notice Gliscor could have it. I wanted Breloom for the exact same setup, but was turned off by all of his weaknesses. Giving it Facade is also a good addition to that.

I'm updating my rearranged team now. Thanks for the help!