Thread: [Gen V] Rate My First Team? ^_^
View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011 (1:12 AM).
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Scrafty: I'd use Ice Punch (for coverage against Gliscor and Landorus), Taunt (to ease set up) or Hi Jump Kick (for a high BP STAB, since Scrafty's STABs are nearly unresisted)
I won't touch Hi Jump Kick; I'm so scared of that 10% miss consequence--destroyed me in many battles just in-game. I tried the Kick + Wide Lens combo, but even then Detect, Protect, etc. ruined me. I think I'll go with Ice Punch. Thanks!

I'd use Curse or an entry hazard (Spikes or Stealth Rock) over Iron Head on Ferrothorn
I heart my STAB. Would replacing Gyro Ball for Spikes be sufficient? The lack of STAB and low PP for Gyro always bothered me.

Since you have no Swift Swimmers other than Ludicolo itself (and Ludicolo in OU is rather meh), how about Politoed?
I was also recommended on turning Ludicolo into a SubSeeder (newly learned competitive lingo for the win!). How about replacing Zebstrika (who twice now I've been informed just plain sucks) for Politoed, and giving Ludicolo the Rain Dish ability + Leech Seed and Substitute?

Gliscor could be a bit bulkier, and your current set is a bit gimmicky at best:
-Swords Dance
-Ice Fang/Facade
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Love the ability + item combo--didn't notice Gliscor could have it. I wanted Breloom for the exact same setup, but was turned off by all of his weaknesses. Giving it Facade is also a good addition to that.

I'm updating my rearranged team now. Thanks for the help!