View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011 (05:48 AM).
always chasing
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Hermione Granger
Quote originally posted by Dark Azelf:
Id be careful of Haxorus, DD Haxorus really rips your team a new three (not a new one!), especially with Brick Break. Nothing can stop it at all. Also, you have a HUGE MASSIVE weakness to those SD/Sub/Acrobat/EQ Flight Gem Gliscors which are becoming popular. Id look into something faster to help deal with those, which seems to be this teams main problem. Its rather slow.
I've had problems with Gliscor ever since the start. I've tried countless ways of trying to counter it like sending out Tyranitar/Magnezone for an Earthquake bait and switch in Heatran, hoping that HP Ice will hit. If it has a sub, and Heatran doesn't outspeed, then I'm probably doomed.

As for Haxorus, I've forgotten about it! Although I don't see much Haxorus while laddering, someone pops in with a choice set and the only 'mon that can hopefully bring pain to it.

Ugh, I really need a check for these two. Thoughts anyone?
Also Gastrodon pretty much needs Earth Power to significantly damage certain targets it can check such as foe water types, especially Tentacruel who will set up T-Spikes on your ass all day otherwise. Recover/Ice Beam or Scald/Earth Power/Toxic is the best set imo. Earth Power also hits the annoyance which is Jirachi.
I actually had Earth Power over Scald. But I'll consider Earth Power over Ice Beam.
Also i prefer Lum Berry and Moxie on Scrafty with Hi Jump Kick over Drain Punch, ive always swept more like this easier. Drain Punch always seems really weak lol. Up to you though.
The reason I used Drain Punch is because I wanted to keep the LO, and with that, my only other resort of healing is the HP drain of Drain Punch. And Shed Skin is pretty much what a Lum Berry is, except it doesn't take effect immediately and has multiple uses. But I'll consider Lum Berry, Moxie, and Hi Jump Kick. :3