Thread: chromophobe;
View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011 (06:48 AM). Edited August 19th, 2011 by seeker.
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Recently, I've not been the biggest fan of your work. Some of it is pretty cool, a lot of it is kind of, counter productive, in the sense that you've done so much better and you've forgotten some of the fundamentals. At any rate, let's just get into the CnC.

Spoiler:

The style is consistent, but the focal is dead. Reason being is that you have three points of attraction, meaning you've created a nice little empty triangle that now poses as your focal point. What I mean is that you have three focal points, one being the text on "super sayin", one being the bird and the last being the effects coming from the trumpet. I'm sure your focal had intended to be something else, but look at your background, you can't put effects like these on top of something like paper texture if you don't want them to distract from what the eye should be led to. And there's 3 places like this, the ones I mentioned. What I would have liked was if the text was closer to the focal, the head, without as much text, and have the bird moved closer also, then to fill out the tag you could have gone with some pen tooling or shapes. But aside from that, I like the colours in this quite a lot, and you sure did something original, but it's the lack of a strong focal point, or perhaps the addition of too many focal points, is what bothers me most about this tag. With some work, it could look pretty awesome.

Spoiler:

Dislike the background, like the text and the shape, and the concept, but it's all over the place this tag. Other than the speech bubble and a little of the effects on the shoulder, there's no yellow. So it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. The text has little relevance to the focal point. The background is in a complete contrast with what we see above it. You have a playful attempt at a concept here with the stock and the text, which is pretty cool, but you have a dull texture in the background which doesn't really go with the tag at all. The effects on the shoulder look a little rough and low quality in all honesty, and just seem half hearted. I honestly think that if you changed the background here and made it relate to the text a bit more you could be looking at a better and more consistent tag. But it needs work overall, colour needs some more adjustments also, it doesn't blend very well.

Spoiler:

This is pretty awesome. I much prefer this one to your other tags of late. It's a little messy in places and lacks a little depth, but it's simplicity. What I would have liked to have seen other than some depth would be a bit of colour adjustments again. The birds are also over light, I would have liked a stock with a bit more detail to go over her. This one would look pretty nice with some text, the font you used on your "bon" tag, would be suiting I think. I forget what font that was, let me know when you read this haha. But the effects are pretty good, and I like what you've done with the face. Just tone down the lighting on the skin overall there and you'll be looking at a better tag.

Spoiler:

Fairly simple but effective concept. I like what you've done with the colours especially, the triangles and the clipping mask work to good effect. The text is a little hard to read in all honesty, and that's my main beef with this large tag. It could possibly do with a bit more work, a few more additions, but I like it the way it is.

Spoiler:

I like everything about this except for the stock. Giving the fact that you probably did this as a request I'll forgive you. The stock is pretty low quality and it doesn't suit the effects and textures very well both due to the quality difference but also due to the fact that it's 2D, with a 3D background. So the styles clash. The text is iffy too, I don't much like it being so far away from the stock. I would actually consider taking out that stock and replacing it with another, then shifting the text over to the left, then adding in some space stock for some orby effects.

Spoiler:

I don't have much to say about this one, it's pretty awesome in all honesty. I would give out about styles clashing here but the effects look 3D so it gets away with it. Colours could do with some work, I agree, to be honest, try a hue shift and a change in saturation and you'll probably get a good effect. But I like this, the text is done nicely too, so good work.

Spoiler:

Very busy. I like the flow, but I would have liked to see more of Petill, I think it got lost in the effects a bit too much and it would have been better to have it stand out a bit more. I honestly think this would have been a lot better if it stood out that bit more and didn't get so lost in the effects. But some good flow here. I think the colours could do some with some work, they're a little murky, but I like the effects overall.

Eh, some good points, some bad points, but I think tag requests don't always work well but I commend you for taking them.

And I await CT coming in to "disaggreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"