View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011 (11:43 PM).
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote originally posted by Astinus:
brb, saving the mess out of this tag set.

Anyway...

1. How long does it take me to write a one-shot/chapter? Depends on a whole mess of factors. I have, for example, taken a week to write sixteen pages. I've also taken two months to write five.

If we don't count distractions or whatnot, I can get a chapter done in a few days. However...

2. What makes certain ones easier to complete than others? I HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A GOLDFISH. Seriously. If I don't feel like writing, even if the chapter I'm on has a massive amount of interesting things going on and even if I know exactly what I want to do in that chapter, I will not write that chapter. Then, I might sit and write for a half an hour straight about characters doing nothing but talking at each other (at, not to), and that might get me five pages. I get distracted very easily, and I'm also inherently lazy. So, if I happen to feel like playing video games instead, I'll blow off writing in lieu for that.

Also, real-life and other online duties are usually a massive factor. I work a lot, for example, and for the past couple of years, I've been bouncing all over the country. As a result, updates have been very slow. Before then, I would write a major paper a month, which consumed even more time. Or I might spend time replying to a VM instead or organizing something or managing bits of my own board or betaing for someone or a million of other things.

So, I guess what I mean to say is it's not so much the chapter itself that gets in my way. I've written mindbogglingly boring chapters in very little time at all, and I've written exciting chapters with months in between. It's mostly just what I'm doing at a particular time of the year and what my mood is like.

3. Do I feel that people who can't complete their stories in a short length of time "hate writing" compared to people who can snap out completed projects quickly?

Ha.

Haha.

Hahaha.

Hahahahahahahaaaaa oh I'd be a massive hypocrite if I said yes.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter