View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakip View Post
I don't exactly see why it is offensive. Pokemon uses stereotypes to convey certain types of people in certain types of ways. That's all I'm saying. Pokemon tends to have patterns and a lot of female trainer sprites in Pokemon are pigeon toed. Especially the adolescents.

I'm sorry if I offended you in some way, I just don't see why you'd have a problem with that, when it's been done before (many times, at that).
Yes, but I a) never agreed with it when they did it, and b) never saw them make their "Gambler" sprites mirror unshaven and unclean men or women in entire shambles who are unable to live their lives properly. They just gave them a cup and some dice, if I recall correctly.

That said, you didn't offend me. I just find stereotyping for the sake of stereotyping offensive in fiction. You have the ability to go above and beyond what the official games do, given that your audience is older than those who are the suspected audience for the games. Seven to ten year olds aren't likely to be on forums on the internet downloading games.
You should be using that potential to avoid stereotyping for stereotyping's sake.